Looking for info on Shoulder Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on Shoulder Board

Forgive me if i'm in the wrong section of the forum. I am totally new to this area of collecting. I acquired a box of WW2 German artifacts from a former American Soldier's estate. Included was this Shoulder Board, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have some other things to id but I have to figure out where to post them first. Thanks.

http://www.use.com/shoulder_board_1_...a3d00d5d71e122

If you click on my profile on USE.com you will see some of the other stuff I have.
    Last edited by dirtfisherrob; 07-04-2012, 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling edit

Hi, welcome to the forum, your shoulder board is for a Sgt. in the 79th Infantry Rgt. What is interesting with the board is that it looks like there was another number stitched in "under" the 79. Can you tell what that was?

Comment

79. Infanterie Rgt.

The strap is for a rank of Unteroffizier and looks to be from the Reichsheer early Heer era. Johnny is correct and there was another number sewn on at one time. Here is a link to the history of the unit:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...enter/IR79.htm

Comment

Greetings All,

I agree with the other guys! Nice Reichswehr era board with anew number stitched in. Your heer Breast eagles look nice also. It appears the white eagle on the black rectangle is a second pattern Panzer eagle and the others, light grey on dark grren are 3 pattern army breast eagles. I would love to see close ups of the fronts and backs of both. They all appear to be original. It looks like you have a post 1940 cap eagle also,Grey on Field grey.

Fred

Comment

Thanks for the info. And here I thought it was the number 62. LOL. Looking at it that way it looks as if the number under it was 48 maybe? Like I said i'm not really a collector but I do buy and sell things all the time. I know you have to be an association member to sell here, i'm still debating what to do with this stuff. The first step is identification and authentication. I've tried doing some research by reading alot of the other threads on the forum here and it's a little overwhelming to say the least.

Fred Green- which photo's do you want to see a close up of? I took some more photos and posted them here- http://www.use.com/profile.pl?id=diggummup If you click on the photos a couple times they will enlarge.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Eagles

Hello dirtfisherrob,

The pictures that you posted were enough. All of the eagles are nice originals!! You do need to be an association member to sell on the forum. If you become one,$25. a year, please read the rules about selling on the estand.

I have an interest in all of the breast and cap eagles if you decide to sell the. My email is fredgreen16@hotmail.com Thanks.

Fred

Comment

I will do that and thanks for the information Fred.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X