M44 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M44 opinions

Please can you give me your opinions on this M44 tunic. I have owned it for quite a few years, but I think the fakers have been around a lot longer. There is a little moth damage, but it is overall sound. I will add a few scans. Thanks, Kerry.
    Attached Files

Rear and side.
    Attached Files

Comment

Insignia
      Attached Files

Comment

Interior
        Attached Files

Comment

Collar back
          Attached Files

Comment

Some scanned detail
            Attached Files

Comment

Collar and faded stamps (sorry, a bit hard to read)
              Attached Files

Comment

Sleeve and cuff binding.
                Attached Files

Comment

This looks police green to me, though it may just be my monitor or the shade of Italian wool.

The breast eagle stitching looks a little amatuerish to me, even for later war.

s/f Robert

Comment

the breasteagle looks a bit strange.

Comment

the lineing (or lack of) does not float my boat, no inside pockets either. wonder what others like Glenn or Johnny think?

Kevin

Comment

Repro jacket imo
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. But, Kevin, there are inside pockets, just no buttons. Kerry.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Kerry, is missing the upper part of the lineing which is odd. Not a death knell in itself as I have seen good ones with lineing oddities like one pocket. I like the look of the Italien Wool.
                            I have a one that has been discussed here made in Russian cloth without pocket buttons and a few other small differences from a textbook M44 if there is such a thing as textbook?
                            Here is a shot of the lineing and stamp on tunics left side.

Kevin
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry Kerry, but this would not be a tunic I would be comfortable with; don't really fancy the wool, construction and insignia application. These M44 tunics are relative easy to fake and indeed have been for many years.

F.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X