• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle for opinion

original or reproduction ?

waffen 046.jpg

waffen 048.jpg

Greetings All,

Frederic, this is a known reproduction. They come in both flatwire and thread. I ave some posted on the pinned Heer Reproduction Cloth Insignia Thread.

Fred

Comment

Definitely a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
        Greetings All,

Frederic, this is a known reproduction. They come in both flatwire and thread. I ave some posted on the pinned Heer Reproduction Cloth Insignia Thread.

Fred
        Thanks Fred !
        -Frederic

Comment

as other said , 100% fakes (from the 80-90's ???)

Comment

Thanks guys !
            -Frederic

Comment

Hi Frederic

Not very knowledgeable about these eagles so if the consensus is they are copies they surely are but attached is a pict of the same style cap eagle for panzer in silver, white and grey (all items machine sewn/mounted to wool) I got with other stuff in the mid 70's so these copies would be closer to 40 years old now

Regards

JC
              Attached Files

Comment

Greetings All,

Not all are fake!!

The trapazoid is original and I like the eagle and wreath in the lower right corner.The others are reproduction.

Fred

Comment

Thanks Fred

Good news that the grey on black stuff might be good while the white and silver on black isnt. That could mean then that the third breast eagle from the top (again grey on black) in the attached pict could also stand a chance while the 2nd one from the top (white on black) is probably another "dud". Weird mix since they all came together

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. I was as careful as possible given the very little knowledge/experience I had (and still do) with the more expensive stuff (decorations, daggers, flight badges etc) but I must admit I didnt expect anybody would bother to copy insignia that was going for between 2 to 10$ a pop (in the 70's). To be honest, given all the great stuff I got from this source I think he didnt know the difference either

Regards

JC
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jean-Claude; 07-04-2012, 11:06 PM. Reason: wrong name

Comment

Greetings All,

All of these eagles look good to me. Is the top one on dark green or black. It appears to be dark green to me.From top to bottom I see:

2nd pattern Heer waffenrock eagle
                    1st Pattern enlisted Panzer eagle
                    3rd pattern enlisted Panzer eagle
                    and an enlisted KM eagle.

All of these guys look good to me. Can you take a picture of them in natural light? Thanks.

Fred

Comment

Hi Fred

Thanks again for your positive feedback on these: much appreciated!

Yes you are right: the top one is silver bevo on dark green for Heere. These are the best picts I have at the moment but I will take some later in natural light

Regards

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X