Help with ID of uniform/pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with ID of uniform/pic

What all can you tell me from this pic? I've figured out the polizei emblem on his cap, and the the Infantry assault badge. But not sure of the rank, shoulder boards, ribbon in button, or unit/division/etc...

A few more pics. This is my wife's grandfather, an Austrian. I was told he was "in the army" during WWII and was wounded in Russia, but no one seemed to know any more than that. I found these pictures in an album today while visiting the in-laws. I've only met the guy a few times, at reunions and funerals and never though to ask about his service. If he saved these pics, I'll assume he's not hiding or avoiding anything and I'll ask next time I see him. I'm in OH, and he's in Kansas, where the host family who sponsored his family after the war lived. I've met old vets, who have never spoke about their service, simply because no one ever asked....

Comment

Hi,
      Schutzpolizei uniformen...

Michael

Comment

As mentioned, your subject served in a Police Battalion. Many of these units served near or even at the front and were often used for anti-partisan activity. The fact that he has an Inf. Assault badge suggests frontline service and in the first portrait you can see the top of a wound badge that may confirm your story. Interesting photos!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X