98.Gebirgsjäger Regiment Piped Hauptmann Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98.Gebirgsjäger Regiment Piped Hauptmann Uniform

Just got this off a bust and onto a mannequin for the first time. Unfortunately unnamed, but nice in that the boards were built for a Oberleutnant of the 98th as the prongs for th enumerals and one pip are inside the green underlay. Later promoted to Hauptmann. The piped trousers are from a 9/17.Jäger Regiment Waffenrock set and are stamped to that unit. Cap is an Erel Extra. Enjoy!

Don
    Attached Files

Here's some of the 17.Jäger Regiment Waffenrock, also...
    Attached Files

Comment

Z
      Attached Files

Comment

One more...
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, I am restoring a similar piped service tunic right now for an officer that was in JR 83. The 17th rock is very nice too, I have an officers field tunic for that unit, I think things from Jager battalions are pretty uncommon. Many had GJ and jager sleeve insignia added by collectors who did not know better, it is nice to see one like yours that is in original configuration.

Comment

Thanks, John. Both the trousers and the Waffenrock are Geprüft stamped to the 9th company, which is pretty rare - they were the only company in the 17 JR that were allowed to carry the Jäger tradition and Waffenfarbe.

Don

Comment

Usually the III Battalion was designated Jager so companies 9-14? That would be odd if it were only one company. I know after 1943 the whole 3rd battalion was Jager.

Comment

I really likes this piped tunic

seeing your display I was wondering something.
                I also aded an officer Lanyard on my piped tunic as it really display well but never find any regulation allowing officer Lanyard with those tunics... nor pics showing it...
                Any info ?

Michael

Comment

Michael, the aiguillette could be worn withthe piped tunic when the tunic was worn in lieu of the Waffenrock.

Don

Comment

Not often do you see a Geschönte to Gebirgsjäger. Excellent tunics and displays, Don!

Comment

Superb tunics, Don
                      Many thanks for showing both

Berg Heil!

Comment

Very nice display Don I prefer those white mannequins myself

Comment

John, looks like it was III.Batallion - here's what I found on AH:

III.Btl (Jäger-Btl) of Infanterie-Regiment 17 carried the tradition of Jäger-Btl 10 (hannov.),Goslar and was called "Goslarer Jäger".

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                            John, looks like it was III.Batallion - here's what I found on AH:

III.Btl (Jäger-Btl) of Infanterie-Regiment 17 carried the tradition of Jäger-Btl 10 (hannov.),Goslar and was called "Goslarer Jäger".

Don
                            Yes, the same as the later organization in 43'. Interesting unit.

Comment

Sweet tunics, Don!

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X