Sturmartillerie tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturmartillerie tabs

I just got these from a friend and wanted to show them. I know some collectors don't like these tabs with skulls on them but they look like they've been there a long time, and I do believe that they are wartime done. Of course if you see anything I'm missing about there originality, I'm always willing to learn.
    Sorry for the poor photos, it's definitly time for a new camera.
    Attached Files

A small section of the piping is damaged.
    Attached Files

Comment

The backs.
      Attached Files

Comment

The skulls.
        Attached Files

Comment

Man, someone put those in a blender. Fake with even more fake aging and wear.

This will kill you in collecting- "they look like they've been there a long time". The wear you see can be faked in about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
            Man, someone put those in a blender. Fake with even more fake aging and wear.

This will kill you in collecting- "they look like they've been there a long time". The wear you see can be faked in about 10 minutes.

Agreed!

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

I did not mean to be abrupt etc. but please never never depend on appearance of wear to authenticate an item. This is the oldest trick in the book to try to fool people on the first "in hand" look for age by edging with sandpaper etc. .

Comment

What about them don't you guys don't like? The wool and piping look ok and have the same feel to them as original tabs and straps. Do they look like they are complete repros or put together from original parts?
                I do know that age can be faked, it just looks like even wear to me.

Comment

They are aged fakes, nothing is right about them- look at other threads on piping and skulls. Most real loose insignia you will find like this is mint and unused. There is a huge market in "cut off" insignia of which almost all is faked. They will sew fake stuff to bed sheets and tear it off for the "uniform removed" affect or sew it to pieces of WWII wool great coats made to look like tunics etc. It is very sad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X