Is this tunic from WWII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this tunic from WWII?

Some people say that this tunic is a West German tunic, but it is different from all of the West German tunics that I have seen. It looks like a WWII German officer tunic that was custom made, but I am not 100% sure. If someone could please tell me what they think it is that would be great. Thank you!

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

The open collar, belt hook holes and supports, and lack of French cuffs are not typical for a WWII tunic and are to me indicative of a postwar origin for this jacket. I would also suggest that the upper pocket flap construction and the button closure and button on the inside pocket are further signs of postwar manufacture.

Comment

I did more research and I think that the tunic is an early police tunic for the 3rd reich. I do believe that it was custom made. I don't think it is a post-war tunic because the post-war tunics were made very cheaply, and this one was tailor made. It could be an officer tunic too, but I think it is an early police tunic from the 3rd reich.

Comment

The materials and construction look either 1930s or later through the 1950s, it is hard to say what it is but that is most likely a limitation of my knowledge for non-Army items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X