My New Breast Eagle Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Breast Eagle Good?

Hi, Here is my new breast eagle i got this last sunday. I hope this one is ok please let me know. Mick
    Attached Files

Original EM Panzer breast eagle, 3rd type.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
      Original EM Panzer breast eagle, 3rd type.
      Hi, Thanks Dmv. M1943 type?

Comment

Originally posted by iron_cross67 View Post
        Hi, Thanks Dmv. M1943 type?
        M1939.

Jerry

Comment

Indeed 1939, but there are two versions before it, both with a white eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
            Indeed 1939, but there are two versions before it, both with a white eagle.
            Indeed, 1st pattern & 2nd pattern, as you posted. He asked for a M number, so I supplied it, though it might be a M40, as the M39 has a blue grey eagle and the M40 has a mouse grey eagle, but I am not sure if the blue grey eagle was ever produced for panzer, so for panzer, it is probably better to call this a third pattern as it appears to be a mouse grey eagle or M40.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bond View Post
              Indeed, 1st pattern & 2nd pattern, as you posted. He asked for a M number, so I supplied it, though it might be a M40, as the M39 has a blue grey eagle and the M40 has a mouse grey eagle, but I am not sure if the blue grey eagle was ever produced for panzer, so for panzer, it is probably better to call this a third pattern as it appears to be a mouse grey eagle or M40.

Jerry
              Hello all, And thanks for all your help. But is this eagle an M39 or M40? Also is this a panzer eagle or just an army eagle? Mick

Comment

Its an m39 as far as im concerned.

Im not sure where the term M40 arose from from but the term M39 was coined from the change from white eagle to gray eagle in 1939 and any eagle after that was still termed m39.,regardless pf colour variations of eagles.

The only distinct difference im aware of is that early m39 eagles had blue green rayon backing and later versions a feldgrau rayon backing.

Of course this is panzer and the backing is black.

Comment

Originally posted by keifer kahn View Post
                  Its an m39 as far as im concerned.

Im not sure where the term M40 arose from from but the term M39 was coined from the change from white eagle to gray eagle in 1939 and any eagle after that was still termed m39.,regardless pf colour variations of eagles.

The only distinct difference im aware of is that early m39 eagles had blue green rayon backing and later versions a feldgrau rayon backing.

Of course this is panzer and the backing is black.
                  Hi, Many thanks keifer kahn,
                  So it's a M39 Panzer eagle. This is for my collection list only. Again thanks to you all for your help. Mick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X