JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoulderboards...Any help would be appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulderboards...Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a number of shoulderboards. I believe the majority of them to be Heer with a sprinkling of Luft & Polizei.
    There is only one pair in here. They are all singles, mostly enlisted with a few offizier boards thrown in.
    Take a look and tell me what they are if you can.
    Thank you,
    Tim

PS- I almost forgot. If anyone has a clue as to what they are worth ballpark, I'd like to know, so I can list them. Boards ain't my thing.

Group 1

I'm thinking the one on the right might be Luft flight???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 06-14-2012, 06:10 PM.

Group 2

Another Luft Flight on the left?
    The one on the right is Fire/Police???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 06-14-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Group 3

Left side Hauptmann

Middle Oberleutnant

Right side Oberstleutnant Transport??
      Attached Files

Comment

Group 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Group 5

The middle is a set. The one on the right is Polizei??
          Attached Files

Comment

2 right Yes
            3 left could be SS
            3 center Luft Beamte

Comment

3 Fl could indicat Flak battalion, Fallschriminfantrie or Flak training units. Not sure about the cornflower blue board. As it is upside down I think is was added to the board.

My info is from angoloa/Schlicht Uniforms and Traditions of the Heer.

Comment

In post #3 both the Gothic 'FI' and the number '2' were placed on the boards upside down. The 'FI' device was only used on white, light green, and grass green waffenfarbe. Both devices were probably added post war...
                AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Suter View Post
                  In post #3 both the Gothic 'FI' and the number '2' were placed on the boards upside down. The 'FI' device was only used on white, light green, and grass green waffenfarbe. Both devices were probably added post war...
                  I agree and the standard Fallschriminfantrie device is different, this is for Army Flak.

Comment

Fl

The "Fl" is actually anti-aircraft machine gun units, not "Flak" where the "k" is for Kanone or gun/artillery.

Comment

The term "Heeresflak" was used during the War to refer to all Army antiaircraft units and these were divided into two groups. As Dave noted the device when worn on white, Pz.Gren and J/GJ infantry related waffenfarbe "FL" indicates Flabataillons, they used light machine guns but also used track mounted quad 37MM Flak guns. The heavier units were referred to as Heeresflak Abteilung, using heavier Flak artillery such as 88s that were supplemented by 37 mm and 20mm guns, they wore red piping with a winged shell device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3.7_cm_Flak_18/36/37/43

Comment

Somebody sent me a WAF email about these and I accidentally deleted it. I would like to have that information again...PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                          As Dave noted...
                          No, I'm Dave - that was Tom........

Also, since it is on an officer's board, the device should be gold. Here's a 'correct' example.
                          Attached Files

Comment

boards and devices

appears as if someone "dolled" the boards up with some decent devices. devices probably worth more than the boards; esp. theFl device.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                              As Dave noted the device when worn on white, Pz.Gren and J/GJ infantry related waffenfarbe "FL" indicates Flabataillons, they used light machine guns but also used track mounted quad 37MM Flak guns.
                              That's okay, Johnny, we've known each other for years, so I'll let it slide this ONE time.
                              AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X