X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General breast eagle

Hi Guys.
    What do you think about this eagle.
    The story that follows it is that it came out of the estate of a former WH general, but you never knows about these stories
    Kind regards
    Stengaard
    Attached Files

Nice quality, but my money would be on Coast Artillery.

Richard

Comment

Yes, that is always the big question; is it Coast Artillery officer or a WH General? Most Coast Artillery officers eagles I have seen have been with light blue backing and this one has got black backing. Anyway - SS-officers tunics with Army "arm" eagles is not uncommon, so how should a tailor making a mistake like that be able to notice the difference from one golden eagle on green from another.

Kind regards
      Stengaard

Comment

They probably didn't care. It could really go either way as far as most are concerned. As Richard put it when I posted that removed crusher eagle for either a coastal art or General visor, you want to buy them as CA but hope to god its really a Heer general Matt

Great looking eagle either way. Matt

Comment

It sure looks like it is on bottle green. The fastest way to tell is throw it on something cloth that is for sure black. Like a panzer wrap.

Richard

Comment

Looks like a good one to me and could very well, IMO, be for a WH general officer; it's just very difficult to tell with certainty. My general rule on these if I'm buying, it's CA; if I'm selling, it's WH general officer.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Thanks to Matt, Richard and Drew.

Drew you are a smart guy, I think we could learn a thing or two from you

Best regards
              Stengaard

Comment

Looks well made and I would normally associate this type of work with the KM/CA, though it could be Heer generals.

Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X