Heer Artillerie Hauptmann field blouse with long ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Artillerie Hauptmann field blouse with long ribbon bar

I just got this Artillerie tunic that I think is really attractive. It is tailor made (tailor label in the neck) from a fine material, it has field-gray buttons which I associate with field or service use rather than walking-out dress. The insignia are original to the tunic, the original owner was a Hauptmann in Artillerie-Regiment 268. The jacket shows quite a bit of honest wear and was definitely worn a lot. Unfortunately it was a dark and rainy day here today and I had to take these pictures indoors, I apologize for the photo quality. I am wondering about the long ribbon bar that this came with. The bar fits the loops, which appear to be original to the tunic. I have a couple of questions about this bar:

1. Is the award combination on this bar plausible for an Artillerie Hauptmann in WWII? Could this bar be original to this tunic?

2. If so, might it be possible to identify the original owner of this jacket?

The tunic pocket has loops for two awards. I can post more and better photos of this item if needed. Any comments would be welcome and appreciated.
    Attached Files

Here is the ribbon bar.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice one....

Can't help much with the ribbon bar Chris, but I love the tunic. Congratulations!

Comment

Very nice tunic!

Comment

Very nice tunic.
          The ribbon bar has a police long service award on it. I think it's for a WW1 veteran who later became a police official. May not be right for a Heer Artillery tunic. "just my opinion".

Comment

I like the tunic very much. Also, it appears to have silk or rayon collar tabs that were introduced in 1943 and not seen that often.

As for the ribbon bar, it looks the part except for the police 8-year long service device. It doesn't seem to fit with a typical Spanish Civil War veteran.

Maybe there's a rational explanation that eludes me.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by tmca05 View Post
              Very nice tunic.
              The ribbon bar has a police long service award on it. I think it's for a WW1 veteran who later became a police official. May not be right for a Heer Artillery tunic. "just my opinion".
              I agree, an older WWI Vet with no repeat of the 1939 EKII, possibly rear area Police and no or little combat? Nice ribbon bar! Great looking tunic Chris, and I would agree combat and not walking out! any name tag in the pockes?

Kevin

Comment

The ribbon bar is a nice example of the "Ohio fakes" made in the 1990's. Not relevant to the uniform at all.

Comment

Nice tunic, I especially admire the gracefull toning to the collar tabs and boards.

-Ray-

Comment

Chris,

awesome tunic man! I would just find a nice ww1/ww2 bar for it and be done with it. If that loops are that long then it may be a bit tough and a ww1 WB would look great on it. Probably just and older guy who served in both but had nice taste in uniforms! Matt

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. There is unfortunately no name tag in the pocket. I was suspicious of the ribbon bar and appreciate the confirmation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X