Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown patch

Hi guys

I have a couple of pictures with this patch in wear. Could anyone help me to determine it? I have never seen anything alike.

Thanks
    Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Greetings All,

It looks like a TENO patch!

Fred

Comment

Is it possible to get a high rez scan of just the patch. Looks interesting, maybe TENO as mentioned. Jim

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
      Hi guys

I have a couple of pictures with this patch in wear. Could anyone help me to determine it? I have never seen anything alike.

Thanks
      Giel

Comment

Here you go, looks indeed like a Teno logo.
        Attached Files
        Kind regards,
        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

In combination with the black pioneer piping?
          Attached Files
          Kind regards,
          Giel

Comment

I just went through the TENO uniforms thread and I couldn't find a setup like this.

Comment

The whole crew and equipped.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Giel VW; 05-20-2012, 02:41 PM.
              Kind regards,
              Giel

Comment

Festungswerkpersonal (Angolia/Schlicht).

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.
                  Kind regards,
                  Giel

Comment

TeNo-to-Heer Patch

TeNo-to-Heer Right Sleeve Patch - (w Period Documentation)

The special Heer units that were made up of former TN • TeNo men were named Technischen Truppen. The TN had proven to be so valuable in Poland, and then in the West - that the Heer decided to form a "Technical Army" from TN men, starting in mid 1941. (As the war wore on, maybe some technically qualified, & perhaps Non-TN men were taken in, but I really don't know for sure.)

The Heer Technischen Truppen were lead by Oberst Eric Hampe (who was titled General of the Technischen Truppen). He had been the #2 man (Stellv. Chef der TN) in the Technische Nothilfe (TN) from 1919-1941! (So, I believe that he would have 'Preferred' to have former TN men in his 'Technical Troop Army' if given a manpower choice!)

After WWII, Eric Hampe wrote several books, one titled "THE UNKNOWN ARMY" - specifically about the experiences & use of the Heer Technischen Truppen. He became the head of W. German Civil Defense, and retired with the highest honors of the Bundesrepublic.

BLACK Waffenfarbe - was the color of Heer Pioneers & also the Technischen Truppen.

Best, Dave L / dblmed
                    Attached Files

Comment

So they wore standard Army uniforms with black waffenfarbe and the TENO patch you show? We're these units employed throughout the war? First time I think I've seen pictures of them. Cool! Learn something new everyday. Thanks. Jim

Originally posted by dblmed View Post
                      TeNo-to-Heer Right Sleeve Patch - (w Period Documentation)

The special Heer units that were made up of former TN • TeNo men were named Technischen Truppen. The TN had proven to be so valuable in Poland, and then in the West - that the Heer decided to form a "Technical Army" from TN men, starting in mid 1941. (As the war wore on, maybe some technically qualified, & perhaps Non-TN men were taken in, but I really don't know for sure.)

The Heer Technischen Truppen were lead by Oberst Eric Hampe (who was titled General of the Technischen Truppen). He had been the #2 man (Stellv. Chef der TN) in the Technische Nothilfe (TN) from 1919-1941! (So, I believe that he would have 'Preferred' to have former TN men in his 'Technical Troop Army' if given a manpower choice!)

After WWII, Eric Hampe wrote several books, one titled "THE UNKNOWN ARMY" - specifically about the experiences & use of the Heer Technischen Truppen. He became the head of W. German Civil Defense, and retired with the highest honors of the Bundesrepublic.

BLACK Waffenfarbe - was the color of Heer Pioneers & also the Technischen Truppen.

Best, Dave L / dblmed

Comment

Technische Truppen

The soon to become Technische Truppen (TT), outside of the Reich, wore the Heer
                        pattern Feldgrau uniform from 1940, but they were under the control of the
                        Technische Nothilfe [TeNo.]

1] In 1941 a number of the TeNo units, in Einzatz, were transferred to the Heer & were
                        known as the Technische Truppen. [A right breast eagle + the TN-to-Heer right sleeve
                        patch were added.] These TT served in the Heer until kriegsend.

2] Other TeNo units, still in the Fieldgrau uniform [but without right breast eagle & the
                        patch] served under the Technische Nothilfe, also until kriegsend.

3] Still other TeNo units served in the Luftwaffe, performing technical tasks.

4] A large number of TeNo units served with [& became] Polizei troops, wearing the
                        green Police uniform - also until kriegsend.

5] The basic Technische Nothilfe units, wearing their original dunkel-blau uniforms
                        served inside the Reich - also until kriegsend.

The basic need which these various "TeNo" troops filled was that of maintenance of,
                        and restoration of, basic community / life services - water; electricity; gas; bridge
                        construction; lock & canal restoration; generators, etc.

Best, Dave L / dblmed

Comment

actually it is a patch of the army cross country team.
                          very interesting.
                          take a look at this ss patch, it is similar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X