grossdeutschland summer jacket with armbands for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grossdeutschland summer jacket with armbands for help

hello i would like to present this original summer jacket of Grossdeutschland. I want to complete this jacket with a good armband of GD but the surprised is the ghost of the armband on the jacket is 4.5cm and my armband is 3.3 cm. i don't understand. Can you help me ? this is the pics :

I don't have the GD reference set so maybe others can help you or set me straight, but I believe that I recall seeing some wider variant of the GD band being worn in a few period photos....I'll look at my GD photo books this evening and find what I thought that I saw.

Comment

Thanks very much Phild, i wait you.

If other member have some informations about variant GD armbands

Comment

Odin..any story to that one?

That wear doesnt just look right...and those left over threads.

Daniel.

Comment

4,5 cm ghost is too wide to GD CT.I don't know so wide GD Cufftitle.
          This Tunic was last weeks on ebay de.You bought it??

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2wk-unteroffi...item35bba27e3c

Comment

hello,

yes i have buy it on ebay.de to the seller Aniseta, a geat seller of germany !!!

Comment

it may fit with first pattern GD cufftitle cause the later one were much narrow

Comment

1 st Pattern GD Cufftitle was ca 3 cm.

Comment

GD wide title

In the book "God, Honor and Fatherland" by McGuirl &Spezzano (I highly recommend) page 117 shows this wide title variant up close in wear...with a cittation pointing it out to the reader. There are other photos in the books as well that show poorer quality photos of what my also be this wide band.

It is not a first type, and the photos are of mid to later soldiers in operational situations. I do know the exact width of this wider band but it looks to be about right for what was worn on that tunic posted above.

I would have to believe that in the recent GD set by Scott Pricthett that these bands are referenced it not actually pictured as I know that he shows some pretty rare varients that were all be unknown to most collectors before that reference came out.

For what it is worth, I think that your tunic has an excellent chance of being an original GD worn tunic. It looks to me that the eagle area wear and fading match up well to the cufftitle area wear and fading.....I guess some would say the the tunic was hung on a fence post for 4 months with fake insignia to get that look........what can you do?

Comment

thanks Phild for your answer. The seller of ebay.de "aniseta" is a 100 % correct seller, i have no doubt about the jacket and i'm sure too it's a good GD jacket.

I hope i will find a documentation about some variant.

if any member have an information i will be very happy
                      best regards

Comment

I have a Panzer Lt GD tunic with documentation that has shadow of wide CT just like this one.

Comment

did you have some pictures about it ?
                          best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X