Panzer lanyard....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer lanyard....

Hello folks. Picked this one up on an estate call along w/ another "standard" marksmanship lanyard. These mustn't turn up very often because it's the first I've come across in many years of involvement in the hobby. Can some of you folks who have an intimate knowledge of this lanyard share your thoughts? It's in overall very nice shape, has a cloth backing w/ horizontal ribs, 14 twists and nice details to the badge. The backing wool has some mothing, but it's in otherwise nice shape overall. Some pix below. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks OK.

Here is another badge for comparison......

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Thanks Ron. I'm going to attempt to post a better close up of the badge this afternoon. I can see that the details of the face on mine appear a bit different than your Assmann, but can't see if it's mm'd as it's secured to the lanyard. Thx again for taking the time to post those fine cu's!

Comment

Here's a (hopefully) clearer pic of the badge. Any idea who the maker might be on this one? Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

...Any ideas anyone on who the maker of this panzer lanyard (shield) might've been? I'm about as sure as I can be that it's a legit wartime example, but it differs slightly from the example Ron posted for comparison and it seems his was mfg'd by Assmann. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Milton View Post
                it's a legit wartime example, but it differs slightly from the example Ron posted for comparison
                Indeed it is but I can not help you about the maker.
                Very nice originals!!
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks Luca. I'll just chalk it up to an original / unknown maker. I can live with that. grazie tanto!

Comment

Hi Milton

Here's my unmarked badge for comparison

Nice lanyard

Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very purrty! Nice dark finish, too. Do you think it just lost its finish over the years? Nice details, regardless. Thx for contributing to the thread folks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X