Panzer boards, w/ ciphers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer boards, w/ ciphers

Hi Fellas, Can I get a quick thumbs up or down on these panzer boards...
    Best-
    Paul
    Attached Files

tt
    Last edited by talon17th; 05-06-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Hello Paul,

the slides are real. To judge the boards we need better pictures. Please take photos from the fronstside with opened tongue (topview), from behind with opened tongue and a higher resolution picture of the piping.

Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by vizenz View Post
        Hello Paul,

the slides are real. To judge the boards we need better pictures. Please take photos from the fronstside with opened tongue (topview), from behind with opened tongue and a higher resolution picture of the piping.

Andreas
        Thanks Andreas...here's a couple more pics.
        Attached Files

Comment

Don't like them!!

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

this loops with "100" flood the market...

I think most of them are fake

back to boards - I don't like them as I don't like wrap showed few posts above

Comment

I agree, shoulder boards arebad. And 100.......

Comment

The '100' slides are actually genuine and are very commonly available. They were part of two cases of these slides found in the newly opened East Germany. There were hundreds of shoulder strap slides of all types (including more than a few of these!) compressed and crated for pulping at a mill toward the end of the war. The boxes never made it and were only discovered in the 1990's. They apparently had to be steamed apart piece by piece as they were so tightly compressed. That's why there are quite a few original slides of all types around these days.

As for the shoulder boards, I would need to hold them to say more. All I can say is that they have a couple of unusual features and are not stock standard,

Chris

Comment

The shoulder straps are reproductions

slides - as "90th Light" said.

Comment

I like the slides, I do not like the straps, but I am by far an "expert".
                    Steve

Comment

Thanks everyone...tunic defiantly a repo. Had my suspicions about boards. Interesting to know about slides. ..

Comment

Yes,the slips are fine,I think some of us mentioned it in the wrapper thread.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=590993

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                          The '100' slides are actually genuine and are very commonly available. They were part of two cases of these slides found in the newly opened East Germany. There were hundreds of shoulder strap slides of all types (including more than a few of these!) compressed and crated for pulping at a mill toward the end of the war. The boxes never made it and were only discovered in the 1990's. They apparently had to be steamed apart piece by piece as they were so tightly compressed. That's why there are quite a few original slides of all types around these days.

As for the shoulder boards, I would need to hold them to say more. All I can say is that they have a couple of unusual features and are not stock standard,

Chris
                          Always boring us with facts...don't you get tired of typing?

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                            Always boring us with facts...don't you get tired of typing?

Richard
                            I don' think s

Chris - thanks for info about these loops - I saw many of them and I was wonder of the story behind them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X