Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer fliegerbluse?

Hello everybody,
    found this picture of a Pz Officer wearing what looks to be a dyied black fliegerbluse.
    What do you think?

Gustavo
    Attached Files

The collar seems too large to be a Fliegerbluse, possibly he tailored a standard wrapper to be single breasted. There is at least one pictured in the Pruett & Edwards Panzer book (with a zipper installed).

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
      The collar seems too large to be a Fliegerbluse, possibly he tailored a standard wrapper to be single breasted. There is at least one pictured in the Pruett & Edwards Panzer book (with a zipper installed).
      I know the Pruett&Edwards book picture you refer to. Tailored wrap is a possibility; what make me thinking to a fliegerbluse is the fact that buttons are hidden.

Comment

I think it is a re-tailored Pz. Wrapper, just my opinion.
        Steve

Comment

It may indeed be a re-tailored wrapper, but it does look like a black (and shortened) version of a LW officer's fliegerbluse (which had a collar design different from that on enlisted personnel fliegerblusen).
          Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't seem to have lower pockets though, which along with the oversized collar leads me to believe it started out as a first pattern piped Panzer wrapper and was modified.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              It doesn't seem to have lower pockets though, which along with the oversized collar leads me to believe it started out as a Panzer wrapperand was modified.
              Correct. Unfortunately, we can't see under the belt area to see what's there. In looking at the bottom hem area, it is sewn very close to the edge, as seen on many officer fliegerblusen, and not normally (I think) on wrappers. Also, it doesn't seem to have sleeve openings, another feature common to officer fliegerblusen (but, I suppose, also tailored officer wrappers). Of course, without seeing the thing in person, we're all just guessing anyway.

Comment

I'm comfortable with my estimation.

Comment

As said, without seeing it in person, we're guessing. Whatever it is, I suppose there is agreement that it is a tailored piece.

Comment

I THINK the first model fleigerbluse does NOT have pockets..Billbert

Comment

Thanks to all for the opinions, very appreciated.
                      May be another point is the space between the two parts of the lapel; here is very narrow. On wraps it is usually wider, just guessing of course...

Gustavo

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                        I THINK the first model fleigerbluse does NOT have pockets..Billbert
                        Correct!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X