Question concerning ranks for Heer Feldgendarmerie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question concerning ranks for Heer Feldgendarmerie

I have noticed in looking at wartime photos that most, if not all, Feldpolizei personnel tend to be NCOs. Would it have been likely (or possible) for an enlisted man to serve in this capacity with armbadge, sleeveband, gorget, etc.?
    Attached Files

Mike here is a pic of an enlisted man fg taken in 1944. Quality of the pic is not great, but he is also described as such by the author. Jacques
    Attached Files

Comment

Some more.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
        I have noticed in looking at wartime photos that most, if not all, Feldpolizei personnel tend to be NCOs. Would it have been likely (or possible) for an enlisted man to serve in this capacity with armbadge, sleeveband, gorget, etc.?
        Most EM serving as Feldgendarmerie were drivers. Indeed most that deployed active duties were NCO's (a FG platoon hold also more NCO's then men). Most NCO's were experienced former Police men and their NCO status gave them extra authority.

Comment

Thanks you Jacques and Zauberflöte - I should have remembered a couple of these photos. I greatly appreciate the info.

Comment

One question concerning this that maybe others can confirm is that I have read for FG that Field Grade officers often did not wear the Cufftitle. One document said it was only worn by Lt. and below. I have seen photos of Hauptmann but not higher ranks, has anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
              One question concerning this that maybe others can confirm is that I have read for FG that Field Grade officers often did not wear the Cufftitle. One document said it was only worn by Lt. and below. I have seen photos of Hauptmann but not higher ranks, has anyone else?
              Now that you mention it, I haven't either Johnny, never actually realized that.. You are correct about the Hauptmann btw.

F.

Comment

Thanks, I have a named tunic for a Heer Field police major and he entered the Heer and FG as a Major upon transfer from the Gendarmerie and it shows no evidence of a CT. I always wondered about that. There must be a regulation somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  Thanks, I have a named tunic for a Heer Field police major and he entered the Heer and FG as a Major upon transfer from the Gendarmerie and it shows no evidence of a CT. I always wondered about that. There must be a regulation somewhere.
                  Very nice photos do you have, jacquesf !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X