Black Panzer Pioneer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
    Johnny, that happened as soon as the pictures of this “gem” were posted.

I found it “instructive” to read the various comments about it.

B. N. Singer

PS. Can we see some pictures of the purported "SS" wraparound?
    I think this is it. Jacques
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like one of the very good north German made copies with real badges.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
        I think this is it. Jacques
        Yup, IMHO, doubts are to be entertained on that one too; thank you Sir.

B. N. singer

Comment

Originally posted by Ross Lee View Post
          Looks like one of the very good north German made copies with real badges.
          Hi. Do North German copies share Janke features with cotton or rayon linings?

Or are they a copy of a whole different higher level?

Comment

Is anyone REALLY surprised???
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I thought the PZ pioneer tunic was a nice looking tunic. I do not own a tunic like this so what are the red flags...the lining, depot markings and/or the wool used? I would like to know. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by airborne_steve View Post
                I thought the PZ pioneer tunic was a nice looking tunic. I do not own a tunic like this so what are the red flags...the lining, depot markings and/or the wool used? I would like to know. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you. Steve
                Steve most of us have the same problem when it comes to wraps. Jacques

Comment

Is the Pz Pio wrap a good base wrap put together post war? Or ground-up not good?

The LAH wrap is being declared a ground up fake a "North German copy." I added a couple pics for educational purposes.

Is there any way to get a little more detailed analysis of the issues with the wraps? What is a North German fake? I'd love some background on that.

I know there are some experienced and talented collectors here, but the Sphinxlike one line comments are killing me. I want to learn.

I am on bended asking for a little education. (And no I didn't buy these.)
                  Attached Files

Comment

If the waffenarbe can fool Panzerpionere then theres no way I'll ever be tempted to buy any Panzerpioner insignia!

Comment

I'm not sure if Panzerpioneer has made any comments regarding the PZ Pioneer tunic but he did post great photos of his PZ Pioneer collection to compair the waffenfarbe.

The PZ Pioneer tunic fooled me? However, I would like to hear more about why this tunic is bad so I can get a bit more educated. Thanks
                      Last edited by airborne_steve; 04-15-2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I have made no comment on the originality of anything in this thread. All I did was post examples from my collection. If anyone has any issues with anything in my collection, I will post it the items for discussion as I have in the past.
                        Steve

Comment

Hey Steve,

Sorry if my comment was mis interpreted to bring doubt on your collection. When you made the comment about Pz Pi waffenfarbe I assumed you liked the waffenfarbe on the subject tunic:

Originally posted by PANZERPIONIERE View Post
                          You have to love plated-weave waffenfarbe!

Steve
                          I consider you to be one of the leading experts on Pz Pi and if it got passed you, then a novice like me has no chance of ever determing good from bad.

Regards Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Naval Enigma View Post
                            Is the Pz Pio wrap a good base wrap put together post war? Or ground-up not good?

The LAH wrap is being declared a ground up fake a "North German copy." I added a couple pics for educational purposes.

Is there any way to get a little more detailed analysis of the issues with the wraps? What is a North German fake? I'd love some background on that.

I know there are some experienced and talented collectors here, but the Sphinxlike one line comments are killing me. I want to learn.

I am on bended asking for a little education. (And no I didn't buy these.)
                            Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                              Don't hold your breath.
                              Believe me, I'm not. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Naval Enigma View Post
                                Is the Pz Pio wrap a good base wrap put together post war? Or ground-up not good?...

Is there any way to get a little more detailed analysis of the issues with the wraps?...

Someone should round these fellows up, whoever they are, and put out a book for the collecting community.
                                B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X