Collar Tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar Tabs?

What have I got here chaps? Any info appreciated. I found them in with a load of mostly British badges, I'm sure they are not British though..... They are made of a coarse grey wool with a dark red piping.
    Attached Files

Nobody can help?

Comment

Unfortunately what you have are fake StuG tabs. I would just throw them out.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
        I would just throw them out.
        Agree

Comment

I have some more pics taken outside of 2 other pairs, they were requested on another forum so I thought I might as well put them here as well. These are different to the first in that the backing board is 'Buckram' material (thanks Ade). I've had cautious inconclusive comments on the other forum, but no outright fake
          Attached Files
          Last edited by KradSPam; 03-03-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

last 2 outside.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tabs

I hate to say it, but different lighting will not help these tabs. Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Z19 View Post
                I hate to say it, but different lighting will not help these tabs. Alex
                Shame. I feared as much, on the bright side I didn't even know I had them so I won't shed a tear. Would have been a nice bonus though

Thank you to all who commented.

Comment

The extensive use of white glue in the construction sinks any glimmer of hope these may have had.

Sorry,

Richard

Comment

Any chance that these could be field made? The materials look to be correct. Obviously some glue was used in making these, but I don't know if that would mean that they wouldn't be wartime.

These also look used, but I would think that could be done with fakes as well. I would imagine fakes to be less sloppy too.

Comment

The Germans did not use white glue so that pretty much eliminates these. White glue is usually a modern day solution to sewing or a shortcut before sewing.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X