EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange feature on a Feldgrau wrapper. Opns pls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange feature on a Feldgrau wrapper. Opns pls.

Hello friends,
    i'd like your opinion about an unusual feature who's got a Feldgrau wrapper jacket i'm plannig to buy.
    On the pictures i posted, i've tried to explain marking with red hatchings what i mean: how do you consider the shape of the side adjustment tape lining ? I'll try to explain me better: every wrappers i saw, they have the lining who stopped up on the vertical folding edge, in this jacket the lining runs for 2 cms over it.
    This is not the only feature who makes me nervous. What do you think?
    Please answer me,
    Alex C.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 02-17-2012, 07:35 PM.

This is on my panzer wrap and it's what i mean.
    Please consider that every one i've already observed, have this same feature.
    Attached Files

Comment

It appears to me, that the wrapper may have been re-tailored to fit a smaller frame, and that the tape may have been drawn in, after the cut.
      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Hi Bob,
        i don't see traces of previous stitchings on the lining and the wrapper doesn't appear re-tailored.
        Thanks,
        Alex

Comment

I am not sure this will be of help to you.

B. N. Singer
          Attached Files
          Last edited by B. N. Singer; 02-17-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Or perhaps this?

B. N. Singer
            Attached Files

Comment

Last one.

B. N. Singer
              Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

Bryon posted three great examples of the tape tunnel overrunning the seam. It may not be common, but you will find variations on small things like that from manufacturer to manufacturer. I would rest easy if that is the biggest question you have on the wrap you are buying.

Richard

Comment

Thank you for the pictures Mr. Bryon, very kind. The Feldgrau wrapper appears to own the same tape with folded and stitched ends. Having all this uncommon features maybe it's made by the same producer of the one i am buying...
                  Alex
                  Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 02-18-2012, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    Alex,

Bryon posted three great examples of the tape tunnel overrunning the seam. It may not be common, but you will find variations on small things like that from manufacturer to manufacturer. I would rest easy if that is the biggest question you have on the wrap you are buying.

Richard
                    Richard,
                    i spent part of the night time trying to find one wrapper with the same exact feature but i didn't find it. Now, although this feature is less evident on Bryon's wrappers, i'm quite relaxed.
                    Thank you for your presence.
                    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
                      Hello friends,
                      i'd like your opinion about an unusual feature who's got a Feldgrau wrapper jacket i'm plannig to buy.
                      On the pictures i posted, i've tried to explain marking with red hatchings what i mean: how do you consider the shape of the side adjustment tape lining ? I'll try to explain me better: every wrappers i saw, they have the lining who stopped up on the vertical folding edge, in this jacket the lining runs for 2 cms over it.
                      This is not the only feature who makes me nervous. What do you think?
                      Please answer me,
                      Alex C.
                      Alex, what are the other features wich make you nervous about this wrapper ?
                      derka

Comment

Hi Derka,
                        i referred to the bias (support) material under the shoulders lining who seemed different from the usual. A deeply study and good friends have dispelled my doubts...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Alex, looks a nice late war wrap to me
                          Take it!
                          Luca
                          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
                            ...The Feldgrau wrapper appears to own the same tape with folded and stitched ends. Having all this uncommon features maybe it's made by the same producer of the one i am buying...
                            Alex
                            A likelihood Sir (ref. your post #1).

With regards,
                            Bryon
                            Attached Files

Comment

My post is redundant (sorry)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X