too, but I bought this one anyway.

Was wanting opinions on it

sorry, no pic of the back yet

thank you
    Attached Files

did you buy this as a original ?

Comment

Greetings All,

It is a reproduction in my opinion. The back will definately confirm it though!!

Fred

Comment

Bought it hoping it was an original, I paid $45 for it so I'm not out a lot. Should of posted first... Before pulling the trigger. Anyone have a pic of a good one?
        Thanks guys

Comment

Greetings All,

Here is a thread of Johnny's eagle collection. Page 3 has your M44 eagles. dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367761 .

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Green View Post
            Greetings All,

Here is a thread of Johnny's eagle collection. Page 3 has your M44 eagles. dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367761 .

Fred
            hi this eagle isnt shown they are all the normal type and this M44 looks wrong (copy) also backing looks like nylon not rayon

Comment

I suspect that a photo of the backside will very quickly confirm this as a definite reproduction.

Comment

As soon as I recieve it I'll post a shot of the back

Comment

Greetings All,

I know this eagle isn't shown because this eagle is a reproduction. Johnny's collection is of real original eagles. I posted that so he could see what an original looks like.
                  Left facing eagles were manufactured in the early in the war in very minute quanities. They were an anomoly.To find an original left facing eagle past the pattern of white on dark green backing would be a minor miracle.
                  By looking at the eagle you can see a weave pattern in the base material that is very different. When we do get a shot of the back I am guessing that there will be a reverse weave pattern compared to an original BeVo Eagle.The feel of the back material will almost feel like fleece. It is made of polyester and will not smoothly glide across your fingers as an original will.
                  I have posted a picture of what I think the back will look like.

Fred
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Fred for your detailed response
                    I should of asked for apic of the back as in your picture shown it is very obvious from the back. I thought I would take a stab at and buy it even though I had a little doubt myself. Again thanks for your help and I should have it by Saturday and I'll post the shot. Also noticed the stitching on the top of the patch, is that a bad sign also?
                    Mike

Comment

Greetings Mike,

The stich line on top is bad as well. You might have a fine selvedge edge on the eagle base material but not like this. Some eagles associated with French manufacture have a little bit more of an edge and a weave in the base material itself.

Below is what a regular eagle back should look like. There will be really no difference between a 39 pattern and a 44 pattern except for outside shape.

Fred
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X