Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic stamp, good or bad?

Hello,

This stamp is on LW 4-pocket tunic and I wonder if it's ok?

Looks like lining has been sewed so that first letter of manufacturers name & one size digit are now hidden..? Would this mean that lining has been touched sometime after this left manufacturers premises..?

Here is one and only shot available of the tunic. All metal badges are repros.

Thanks,
    Miikka

Looks good to me.

Comment

The stamps look fine, and the lining probably had that seam added as some tunics have it there at manufacture, and some don't. It may have taken in a little extra lining material.

Richard

Comment

definitely a good stamp. I never saw one over stitched like that though. another first.

Comment

Good maker/depot stamp, however, a very small size. Great tunic!

Comment

I don't think that's a seam; it's just the lining has a fold pressed into it at that location.

Comment

Looks like a good stamp to me!

Comment

Thank you Gentlemen

I think I'll go after this tunic, though the small size makes me hesitate a bit..

-Miikka

Comment

Many original uniforms are very small....many of the wearers were very young.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    Many original uniforms are very small....many of the wearers were very young.

Richard
                    Very true. I've quite a many Finnish tunics in my collection and I think European sizes 48-50 are the most common ones to find in here. And summer tunics are minus one size.

-Miikka

Comment

Originally posted by vbergman1 View Post
                      I don't think that's a seam; it's just the lining has a fold pressed into it at that location.
                      Of course, it is just a fold. Sheesh.

Comment

Thanks! I've asked more pics from the seller + information about the stamp area!

-Miikka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X