HELP!! Maker's Mark 2, Ges. Gesch, Officer's Hat Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! Maker's Mark 2, Ges. Gesch, Officer's Hat Badge

I just purchased a Officer's Hat Badge including the Oak Leaves with cockade, it's two piece with the number 2 stamped on the back and right under the 2 is "Ges Gesch". I've seen alot of the German officer's hat badges, but none like this. Can anyone tell me how involved C.E. Junker was with making Officer's hat badges? The badge is aluminum..I wish I can post pictures but this won't allow me.

---FYI, I cannot post pictures, but follow this link, I purchased on ebay.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/310173637793...8#ht_695wt_905

It's a cast reproduction with fake markings, hope you can get your money back.

If it were real I think the price is wayyyyy too much, you can find one here for less than half, they're quite common.

Jos.
    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 02-01-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Yes, a cast fake. I'll sell you a real one for $25 incl. postage!

Comment

Junk, at over 4 times it's value. Return it.

Comment

How can you tell it's a fake? I've read as many articles/blogs/books about this piece and cannot find any proof it's a fake. So to learn a valuable lesson, would someone enlighten me why they would consider it a fake.

Thanks

Comment

http://www.antique-militaria.co.uk/a...cockade-01550/

So is this one a fake as well?

Because this looks even more like a fake to me, but the 40+ year collector swears it is authentic
            Last edited by TristanFranklin; 02-02-2012, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Three examples of this wreath.....

#1.....

Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

#2....

Attached Files
                RonR

Comment

#3....

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

Thank's Ron, upon further review and also contacting the seller to learn/gather more evidence of this piece's history, I am going to agree with you that it is very real. In fact, I received some documents from the seller proving her Uncle brought it back from Africa during WW2.

Also, the cockade is stamped with a number and letter, really neat piece actually.

Happy with the price, and where it came from :-)

Comment

Dont be happy with the price..25 bucks would be right..You ll get your BRAINS beat out buying at 5x market price for stuff most call flotsam and jetsam..But thats the power of Ebay.. the BEST and the WORST can be had.. Billbert

PS not trying to bust your bubble but there were millions of these made

the luftwaffe cockade for sale would be closer to market at 95 bucks..and they are artwork in bullion..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X