• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wonderfull grouping! That Tunic looks untouched and definitly saw some action

I wonder in what circumstances the vet obtained it. Any more information about that? As this is not the typical 'closet/wardrobe-trophy' GI's used to take from occupied houses or liberated barracks...IMHO They would rather pick the minty, almost unissued Waffenrocks or gala-uniforms.

Regards

Jan
        'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Congratulations on what looks like a Very Nice item.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Wonderful set-Congratulations

Comment

Killer tunic. Does the visor actually have the grommet under the sweatband for the ventilated cockade?

Don

Comment

I wish I had more information on the grouping. There was an old index card pinned to the uniform that stated, "German Officers Uniform Hornhoit, Germany 1944". The card is definately old and original to the grouping. A quick search for "Hornhoit" came up with no towns by that name. I'm sure the vet spelled it wrong or was confused on wear he snagged the grouping.

Does anyone have any info on the 23 Signals Regiment at the end of the war?

Comment

Don, yes the grommet is present.

Comment

Originally posted by mseagle View Post
                    Thanks guys for the comments. Johnny, I see no holes in the right pocket. It must be the picture.

I have taken a few more pics of the visor. Let me know what you think as for a maker.
                    I did not see any holes, there is a match but the man had a DKiS and does not appear to have WWI service, that is not 100% but he was commissioned as an Lt. in 1938. The later War commanders of that unit were Oberst Lts. I suspect this also may be for an older "E" officer and he may not have been assigned to that unit in WWII. The 23rd spent to whole War fighting in the East and was captured by the Russians in 1945. The Allies entered Germany September 1944 so it should be easy to narrow the area down. Hard to say but probably only could have belonged to 4 or 5 people. Can you post the card with the place name. I can probably figure it out. I lived in the Ruhr for three years.

Comment

Thanks Johnny for the additional information. Who knows if the set was taken in '44 or '45. The vet may have been mistaken on that as well. It could have been one of the many units fleeing the Eastern Front to surrender to the Americans? Just a thought.

Comment

Here is a picture of the index card. Looks like Hornhoit to me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                          Saw this grouping on E-stand and I was so close to buying it ,only the dreaded customs stopped me.
                          Mark

Comment

Wonderful grouping, truely awesome!

-Jeremy

Comment

Great Grouping!!!!!

Comment

Names

Here are a few names:

Panzer-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23
                                Panzer-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 93

Feldpostnummern ab 1942/43: Die Einheiten wurden durch Umbenennung der Infanterie-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23 als Panzer-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 93 in der Feldpostübersicht eingetragen.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                                <TABLE style="WIDTH: 236.25pt; mso-cellspacing: .7pt" id=AutoNumber3 class=MsoNormalTable border=1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=315><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                Einheit
                                </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                Feldpostnummer
                                </TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                Stab
                                </TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                </TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                1. Kompanie
                                </TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                2. Kompanie
                                </TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; WIDTH: 117pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt" width=156>
                                Kolonne
                                </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                                Die Panzer-Division Nachrichten-Abteilung 23 wurde am <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date ls="trans" Month="9" Day="15" Year="19">15. September 19</st1:date>42 in Frankreich aufgestellt. Die Abteilung entstand durch die Umbenennung der Infanterie-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 23. Die Abteilung wurde der 26. Panzer-Division unterstellt. Am <st1:date ls="trans" Month="10" Day="14" Year="19">14. Oktober 19</st1:date>42 wurde die Abteilung in Frankreich in Panzer-Divisions-Nachrichten-Abteilung 93 umbenannt. Die Abteilung blieb weiter der 26. Panzer-Division unterstellt. Mit dieser wurde die Abteilung im Juni 1943 nach Italien verlegt.
                                Für die Ersatzgestellung der Abteilung war anfangs die Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 3. Ab dem <st1:date ls="trans" Month="10" Day="14" Year="19">14. Oktober 19</st1:date>42 wurde die Aufgabe durch die Panzer-Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung 26 wahrgenommen.
                                Kommandeure:
                                Major Böhm bis Juni 1943
                                Hauptmann Frhr. v. Teuffel bis Dezember 1944
                                Major Graf v. Roedern bis Mai 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X