No announcement yet.

A truly battle-worn tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how he got out of Africa that late? The Sicilian Division is a very interesting formation. I wish I know more about it, it started as a real hodge podge that was shaped into hard fighting tough units.

Comment

Hello Friend!

Did you get the photo of this soldier? I think its one of the most lovley lots i have ever seen and would really like to se him

Best Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Reggu View Post
        Hello Friend!

Did you get the photo of this soldier? I think its one of the most lovley lots i have ever seen and would really like to se him

Best Regards
        Thank you!

The only picture I got of Wahrheit (unfortunately wearing a different tunic).

The picture was taken in September 1942, at the time he was serving as an Unteroffzier with Kradschützen-Ersatz.Btl. 2 in Vienna.
        Attached Files

Comment

I love the whole set, single handedly one of the most bad ass tunic/groupings one could hope to have. The fact that is still this way is just awesome and reminds people of what war is really like. I absolutely love the whole group. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
            I love the whole set, single handedly one of the most bad ass tunic/groupings one could hope to have. The fact that is still this way is just awesome and reminds people of what war is really like. I absolutely love the whole group. Matt
            I agree with Matt's thoughts! I would expect there are other portraits out there as when he made Lt. one would think a pose for a portrait was 1st order when away from the front lines to share with family members etc...

What fun it must be reserching Wahrheit and finding all this info!

Kevin

Comment

Matt and Kevin, thank you for the kind words !

Kevin, I know of a photograph of him as a Leutnant but I have to be patient.

Comment

What a amazing set of historical collectable items

Comment

This is an incredible piece of history, congrats
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Wounderful! I looking forward to the day we get to see him as Leutnant!

Comment

This is truly amazing, thanks for sharing and double thanks for taking what I assume was a lot of time to collect all of this material and information. Really well done man!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X