No announcement yet.

A truly battle-worn tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice tunic and lot, it is a piece of history. I knew one Stalingrad vet who was lucky enough to have be evacuated as well. He said it was like being flown out of hell. That jacket must have been very important to the man. The wounding probably saved his life and he knew that.

Comment

That is one fantastic tunic, I would love to have it.

Comment

Naxos great tunic and set of items. I agree with others that I would like to have this tunic in my collection before a mint one any day. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Naxos my friend, that is PURE HISTORY, this is what collecting is all about, AWESOME tunic and history!

Comment

Thank you guys!

I'm glad you appreciate the tunic as much as I - it was a bit of detective work to get it all together. Too bad that I have no pictures of the man, ... yet.

Last edited by naxos; 10-25-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
              Thank you guys!

I'm glad you appreciate the tunic as much as I - it was a bit of detective work to get it all together. Too bad that I have no pictures of the man, ... yet.

Super and truly has to be one of the very few tunics that survived after going through something like that.

Comment

Awesome piece naxos, you are a very lucky man!

Thanks for sharing

Regards Morten

Comment

Will you restore the insignia to the tunic or leave it as is?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                    Will you restore the insignia to the tunic or leave it as is?
                    The EK ribbon matches the stains and contour of the button-hole.
                    There is also a small ribbon bar with it, and I can see matching holes above the left breast-pocket. One can clearly see the officer collar tab shadows.

But having said all that, I believe there is more authenticity and true credibility to the tunic if I leave it in its present state - just like Mr. Wahrheit intended it to be. Of course, all the other items incl. documents will stay with it.

What are your opinions on this?

Comment

I think the emphasis here is more on suffering and the effects of war on an individual rather then restoration.

Last edited by naxos; 10-25-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Im stunned Naxos.A real piece of HISTORY.And his name also.Wahrheit!
                        I personally would leave it untouched,thanks for sharing it.
                        Best from Greece
                        Notis

Comment

Beautiful tunic! Its tunics like these that truely do talk to you. I believe these are more rare than those mint examples you see for sale on dealer sites. They show real history, personality, and a story.

Comment

But having said all that, I believe there is more authenticity and true credibility to the tunic if I leave it in its present state - just like Mr. Wahrheit intended it to be. Of course, all the other items incl. documents will stay with it.

I agree completely!

It's an absolutely stunning tunic with one of the best stories to match. I wouldnt change a thing! The whole lot is just great! Congratulations!

-Jeremy

Comment

Piece should be just as when the owner last handled it.
                              It would be appropriate to display correct bits aside.

I saw piles of stuff like this the size of a bus at the Triage entrance to 3rd field hospital in Saigon.

Show how lucky your guy was in those days of limited resources and treatment.
                              MLP

Comment

I think thats great, its a wonderful piece of history, and it should be left as it is.

This is the tunic i like to see....not those mint christmas trees heroes tunics with all kinds of rewards on them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X