X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WH or DDR shoulder boards?

WH or DDR shoulder boards?
    Attached Files

I would say DDR... But they kinda remind me of the Ebay fakes I see all over the place.
    Last edited by PaulR; 09-30-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Evidence of 3 pips, no corresponding III Reich rank.
      Configuration / construction not III Reich.

Comment

I would agree they are East German. Looks like the tell-tale pointed tongues have been removed too.

Comment

Here are some of the Ebay fakes I have seen... check out the backing material and the weave of the Russian Braid.

These confessed reproductions have Russian braid in both heer subdued and LW bright as well as with and without the indent on the shoulder side of the board.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PaulR; 09-30-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Now here is a DDR shoulder board. The underlay material is also course, but check out the nice tight construction of the Russian Braid. This is completely different than the topic examples.

I am leaning toward the original shoulder boards posted being complete reproductions. Either way, they are not TR.
            Attached Files

Comment

It is hard to say, DDR boards and materials also change through time. To me the ones that started the thread have had the tongues removed. The three pip configuration would be the rank for an Oberst. If they were striaght repros I would not think the top board would have that. The first boards are sewn as well, most the repros are glued together like the ones you posted.

Comment

My initial thought was DDR. These also come from a guy in former east germany so it's very possible, but better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                  It is hard to say, DDR boards and materials also change through time. To me the ones that started the thread have had the tongues removed. The three pip configuration would be the rank for an Oberst. If they were striaght repros I would not think the top board would have that. The first boards are sewn as well, most the repros are glued together like the ones you posted.

Valid points Johnny.

Comment

DDR ones Point about the three pips closes the case ^^

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X