Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small volunteer collection

Hello,

Besides my other collecting interest I pick up some volunteer items when I can find them and the price is ok for me.
    I just wanted to show the volunteer items I have found till now.

The larger display are just some items I like and are not all related to each other.

Regards Jim
    Attached Files

Nice looking collection.

Comment

Nette verzameling Jim!

Nice collection of volunteer insignia!

Comment

the 'P' patch is NOT volunteer patch but FORCED LABOR patch meaning that worker with this patch is Pole ( Polnische arbeiter ).

Similar with 'OST' patch which mean that worker with 'OST' patch ( ostlische arbeiter ) is from USSR ( excluding baltic states ).

People with those patches wans't volunteers but were FORCED to work for Germans.

The other patches are indeed volunteers patches for soldier in German army with other nationality than German ( there where also two categories of Germans inside III Reichs so called ; Reichs Deutsch and Ost Deutsch/ Volksdeutsche - you can find this informations in Soldbuchs / Soldiers ID documents ).

Comment

Great looking collection. Are the slavic volunteer boards in the lower right of the frame pink, or red? And the NCO slav boards opposite them in the other lower corner look great as well!

Thanks for showing these. regards, Robert

Comment

Thanks for the reactions!

@ RobertE, thanks.

Both Pairs are with the red colour.

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
            the 'P' patch is NOT volunteer patch but FORCED LABOR patch meaning that worker with this patch is Pole ( Polnische arbeiter ).

Similar with 'OST' patch which mean that worker with 'OST' patch ( ostlische arbeiter ) is from USSR ( excluding baltic states ).

People with those patches wans't volunteers but were FORCED to work for Germans.
            I know this

The OST patches were also worn by some Dutch workers who needed to work for the 'Arbeitseinsatz'. We have in the collection from our private museum an original grouping which we have got as a gift from an old men who worked for the Germans. He had two OST patches with his documents as well, and he told us that they worn the patches when they were forced into German labour, I don't know why but it happened.

Regards Jim

Comment

Also the printed Heer eagle is not volunteer but very nice to show in such a display!

Saw part of it few weeks ago but this looks way better!

Comment

Great display! I like the insignia jim!
                Always looking for photos and documents from Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Moerdijk (1940-1945)

Comment

Very nice, thanks for sharing!!!

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X