Dak socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dak socks

WHAT COLOR SOCKS DID WH WEAR IN NORTH AFRICA? Anyone have a pic they can post?

Thang in advance-

Lee

Chocolate brown knee length socks. I will have a look through and see if I can find a colour photo for you but I don't recall having seen one.

Mark

P.S. I just took a look through Bernd Peitz book "Afrikakorps - Rommel's Tropical Army in Original Colour" and there are many pictures showing soldiers wearing the chocolate brown socks. There is one pic of a panzer soldier wearing field grey with short boots and another of a panzer soldier on his tank wearing white socks, but most with socks are wearing chocolate brown.
    Last edited by Mark Gibson; 09-09-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
      Chocolate brown knee length socks. I will have a look through and see if I can find a colour photo for you but I don't recall having seen one.

Mark

P.S. I just took a look through Bernd Peitz book "Afrikakorps - Rommel's Tropical Army in Original Colour" and there are many pictures showing soldiers wearing the chocolate brown socks. There is one pic of a panzer soldier wearing field grey with short boots and another of a panzer soldier on his tank wearing white socks, but most with socks are wearing chocolate brown.
      I have seen white with blue/grey straps on period color photo.

Comment

DAK Socks

Thanx, all. The color pix I have seen looked to be either brown or olive...it's hard to tell in those old photos. In one pic the socks looked to be white or light gray, so what you say is consistent. Thanx again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X