pictures

si
    Attached Files

Comment

pictures

cbr
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, did you personally buy these from the man that brought them back? Did he give you any info on them?

Comment

boards

Yes. The officers boards and tabs were picked up in Italy. The continental boards he swiped in Austria. I also picked up a bunch of Luft boards and patches, that is my field. Black on white Luft. eagles, cap and breast. Some medals as well. Dave.

Comment

The colors would be for a Panzer officer in the HG Division. They fought in Sicily and mainland Italy. I would suggest trying to get clear photos in daylight and post them in the LW section of the forum for comments.

Comment

Boards and sculls are original (cannot comment on the tabs)
              Last edited by naxos; 09-08-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STUG III View Post
                What makes you think the tabs are bad? All these items were a vet purchase. Please explain, would appreciate the feed back. Dave.
                piping of the tabs is neither wool, nor rayon or basket wave. I have never seen original tabs with this kind of piping.

Comment

The tabs are piped with felted wool...it was the most expensive option for visor caps and insignia. I have seen it many times over the years. I have private purchase wraps and all the piping is done with felted wool.

The tab piping is also sewn properly as observed in post #17. It is the same way it is sewn on boards and collars. The skulls are original. I will leave the buckram to the buckram experts. I do not see anything wrong with the tabs.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                    The tabs are piped with felted wool...it was the most expensive option for visor caps and insignia. I have seen it many times over the years. I have private purchase wraps and all the piping is done with felted wool.
                    Yes its some kind of felted wool. I saw it sometimes on straps but never yet on tabs. All the private purchased wraps i have seen had either rayon tabs or the classic wool tabs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X