Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Officer's breast eagle, opinions?

Army Officer's breast eagle, opinions?

Not the best scan I see now. I hope you get the idea, else I will take more shots with the camera instead.
    Attached Files

I am not a fan of this one. Do not like the head or the breast and the backing material looks brand new. Matt

Comment

in hand I can say that the reverse nor look or smell new.

Still the eagle isn't exactly beautiful :-)

Comment

The eagle is a very uncommon type but it is a good one.

steiner99

Comment

I have never seen this type before...but the materials, craftsmanship, and age look good.

Richard

Comment

looks like a duck

Comment

It is not one I would feel comfortable with. I don't like the bullion work. Somthing about the metal content.

Comment

NTZ,

Metal content? I hope you are not doing this one by taste?

I am joking of course, digital photographs or scans (which I think this is) of metal threads can do weird things, so I'm still betting this is good, in spite of the photos.

Richard

Comment

Scan Yes.

Comment

The detail work on this is what I would expect on originals, very nicely done but that head is just so ugly..... That is what is killing me on this bird, I don't understand why you would do such a good job on the wings, wreath, swas, and then just suck start a 9mm on the chest and head. Just seems odd to me. I would still pass if it were offered to me but obviously some members like it more than I do. Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                      NTZ,

Metal content? I hope you are not doing this one by taste?

I am joking of course, digital photographs or scans (which I think this is) of metal threads can do weird things, so I'm still betting this is good, in spite of the photos.

Richard
                      JUst the type used on the inner feathers and the swaz and ring around the swaz. Looks very odd. Nothing I have seen on a period one before.

Comment

som camera taken pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

anyone interested to give a second thought with these new pics?

Comment

I agree with Matt, it is an ugly bird and I would not have it in my collection. Looks wrong to me.

Regards,

Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X