Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cossack shoulder boards and printed patch

hi!
    I have received these shoulder boards and the seller told me that his neightbour was in the cossack unit and after the war he immigrated in the usa. He send me the shoulder boards, postcard and the photo.
    Are these boards and the printed patch from the siberian cossacks original?

patch looks good! Can't comment on the boards.

Comment

I like the boards. I'm only going by the materials and amateur craftsmanship, which is exactly what I would expect on this type of insignia.

Richard

Comment

looks original to me , on both items.
        interesting the man made it to the USA. most were shot in a field.

Comment

Is the patch "silky soft"? flimsy and drapes down (all good signs)
          or is it stiff ? ink thick layer and hard when touched? (like iron on decal t-shirts = bad sign)

I am asking as this one is being faked... Just be careful!
          but as its coming with other goodies in a group (with a story) possibly a good sign!

More here:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rinted+shields
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 08-11-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

hi!
            The patch came from other source and it feels not like a printed shield, it feels stiff and hard when I touch it. The patch is also bigger than other printed shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Aure View Post
              hi!
              The patch came from other source and it feels not like a printed shield, it feels stiff and hard when I touch it. The patch is also bigger than other printed shields.
              Well based on those comments the verdict is in...its a fake than, this ACB Cossack shield ...
              I had a feeling it was .... this based on the surface of the patch... looks stiff..."glazed" not silky smooth...
              No doubt that its from the same source in Germany as the image I posted in #5 of a large collection of such fakes...and as you stated its not from the same group as the boards and post card... Too bad!
              Last edited by NickG; 08-14-2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

many thanks for your help!

Comment

I pulled this thread up because I was researching Siberian Cossack shields and found out that the Red and White Shield shown here is supposedly a fake. Personally I don't know.

The attached picture is supposed to be an original printed shield.

Any thoughts?

Regards Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

The photo is somewhat blurry but I like the creamy color material of the Siberian printed shield so IMO it could be a good one.

Rene Chavez
                    http://www.foreignvolunteerlegion.co...kShields02.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                      The photo is somewhat blurry but I like the creamy color material of the Siberian printed shield so IMO it could be a good one.

Rene Chavez
                      http://www.foreignvolunteerlegion.co...kShields02.htm
                      Hi Rene,
                      Is the Red/white patch that started the thread an accepted original design for the Siberian Cossacks? Jim

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                        Hi Rene,
                        Is the Red/white patch that started the thread an accepted original design for the Siberian Cossacks? Jim
                        The design is OK but the patch itsself appears to be in that thicker fake material...feels stiff, looks shiny almost like it is varnished...
                        not silky and flaccid like it should be...
                        from the source as posted in post #5 is my hunch!

Comment

Hello,

The boards look like they could be original ones, but that patch is post-war. I bought a group of these when they first came out, and that loose cheesecloth and other features mark them as bad.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
                            Hi Rene,
                            - Hi guys, just to correct, this is not the shield for the Siberian Cossacks. The letters ACB stand for Astrakhanskoje Vojsko - the Astrakhan Cossack Host, the smallers cossack group within the Cossack Corps. The Siberian Cossacks colors are blue and yellow.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X