green and red collartabs (LW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green and red collartabs (LW)

When did they use green collartabs and when where they red? And I just saw yellow LW collartabs in another thread, when was this used?

Originally posted by jurggie View Post
    When did they use green collartabs and when where they red? And I just saw yellow LW collartabs in another thread, when was this used?
    green was used by felddivision des luftwaffe ( field divions of luftwaffe ), red was used by Flak ( flugabwehrkanone ) crews yellow was used by fligerpersonel ( flying personel = pilots + Fallschirmjager ).

hope that will help.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Luftwaffe Felddivisionen, does that include HG regiments/divisions?

And in which categorie/collar belongs a Luftwaffen-Jäger-Regiment?

Comment

HG used white, Jäger I assume woudl have used green.

Don

Comment

... and we have not even gotten into the white(HG) or green(LWFD) tabs that have the outer piping for specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
            ... and we have not even gotten into the white(HG) or green(LWFD) tabs that have the outer piping for specialties.
            And what kind of specialties could that have been.

I have a particular example of which I'm wondering which collar, his collar tabs have. According to what I read in this thread, this should be green?

Comment

The tabs were definitely green, by the unit and award information you provided.

The photo, I am assuming was taken while attached to that unit? If not, they could be any color. A lot of LWFD members were drawn from supplimental members of Flight Squadrons and Flak units(as well as other specialties). In looking at LW photos in BW photos, be careful... the tint on the black and white photos can be deceiving. I have seen it where flight waffenfarbe has looked black on the BW photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X