Officer greatcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer greatcoat

I got this in Belgium at least eleven years ago,from a german seller. Although the coat itself is in pristine condition and no moth, the collar had been carefully removed for what ever reason.The story that came with it was the previous owner had this as an officer cadet and rose to the rank of Major of pioneers(which I cannot prove).Well for the price at the time 1100 belgien francs about £17 at the time,I thought it was worth saving,this can only be regarded as a rebuild,I had new collar placed on it and I had a spare set of majors of pioneer shoulder boards to complete it.John
    Attached Files

The makers lable and a bonus at the time five of the buttons are SS marked,the tailor obviously did not worry about these ending up on a army coat,the rest of the buttons are regular Assmann marked.
    Attached Files

Comment

There is a match with the last name for the 1939 list with a Lt. Bausch serving in Pionier Battalion 26-Koln, also a Hauptmann Friedhelm Baush with 2/Pi. Lehr Battalion 2 awarded a DKiG 6.5.1942.

Buttons were replaced with what they had etc. I would not worry about that at all.

Comment

The buttons could also be original from the tailor, the same thing applies, they used what they had.

Comment

Hi Johnny R,thank you for the information about the officers.Yes the thread on all the buttons matches,so was done at the time.I did not notice the SS markings straight away,it was only when I got back to my friends stall that I picked them out,at the time I was told the buttons were worth more than the coat,but I would not separate them.John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X