Kreigsmarine Expert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kreigsmarine Expert

Hello I am new to the forums, I have just recently started collecting Third Reich items as I have only been collecting United States Militaria for the last few years. I am about to purchase my first unifrom and well I just want to make sure I am not missing any red flags.
    Thank You, Colt

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=532531 <-Link to uniform

First off welcome to the hobby and forum! you should consider becoming an association member. I am no KM, or for that matter anything TR expert, far from it!!!!! however I see no red flags looking at this grouping and rather like it! I hope you have an agreement with the seller to hold it while being discussed as items have been bought out from under an interested buyer in the past, it does not happen often at all but has happened.
    I would FOR SURE wait for further opinions!!!!!!!!
    best of luck and keep us posted!
    Best Regards!
    Kevin

Comment

That appears to be WWI Kaiserliche Marine... Something different than WW2 Kriegsmarine... So you would need a Kaiserliche Marine expert here

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Klaassen View Post
        That appears to be WWI Kaiserliche Marine... Something different than WW2 Kriegsmarine... So you would need a Kaiserliche Marine expert here
        Did not even know they had torpedos in ww1. Thank you for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
          First off welcome to the hobby and forum! you should consider becoming an association member. I am no KM, or for that matter anything TR expert, far from it!!!!! however I see no red flags looking at this grouping and rather like it! I hope you have an agreement with the seller to hold it while being discussed as items have been bought out from under an interested buyer in the past, it does not happen often at all but has happened.
          I would FOR SURE wait for further opinions!!!!!!!!
          best of luck and keep us posted!
          Best Regards!
          Kevin
          Thanks for the welcome! I was about to buy, but I thought I should post it just in case. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Colt View Post
            Diary of a U Boat Commander is a free E book and interviews in the World at War TV series feature a WW! U boat commander...

Comment

Nice 1910 dated German Imperial Navy Jumper (pre WW1 made actually and obviously unrelated to
              the later WW2 Kreigsmarine).

Regarding torpedos: You never heard about the RMS Lusitania?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Lusitania

Last edited by NickG; 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                Nice 1910 dated German Imperial Navy Jumper (pre WW1 made actually and obviously unrelated to
                the later WW2 Kreigsmarine).

Regarding torpedos: You never heard about the RMS Lusitania?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Lusitania

I had not, very interesting to say the least. Thank you for the information.
                Colt

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                  Diary of a U Boat Commander is a free E book and interviews in the World at War TV series feature a WW! U boat commander...
                  I will look these up and thank you for correcting me as you just saved me money. I thought it looked similar to a kreigsmarine unifrom I saw in a book I purchased. Thank you.
                  Colt

Comment

I will look these up and thank you for correcting me as you just saved me money. I thought it looked similar to a kreigsmarine unifrom I saw in a book I purchased. Thank you.
                    Colt
                    The basic design between pre WW1, WW1 and WW2 remained the same,
                    same cut / design, same button count but imperial crown lacking in WW2 versions and the KM breast eagle of course lacking on such early ones!
                    These are actually always dated so even stripped age is easy to determine with these!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X