Strange Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Uniforms

Anyone know what these uniforms are?......looks like SA and imperial belt buckles and some have political cap eagles.......
    Attached Files

I think I recognize one of the men. Is there any date on the picture? I posted 2 pics below. Does anyone think they are the same men?
    Attached Files
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

It is the same man.

Comment

By comparing the ears in the two photos, I'd say different men.

Steve
        ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

I agree with the ears......the ears don't lie, sorry no date

Comment

I saw not sure but now that you mention it the ears and jaw line seem different.
            Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Transitional Reichswehr-Wehrmacht ? (the uniforms, not the ears...). Early M33 Feldblusen ?

Comment

Looks like early pre 1933 tunics that got an eagle.
                http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

How can you explain the SA belt buckles? and Imperial buckles....no Reichsheer

Comment

^ Because they used anything that was left in the QM's store, this was a transitional time and probably a small town so whatever was available was used ( within reason )...You should have seen the stuff I was given from the QM in the mid 1980's, WW2 English Battle Dress, We were using 303's, I could go on...

Comment

These are dark blue early Heer landwehr uniforms, the smaller cap eagles are the early WH issue pattern. I have not been able to figure out if they were Police surplus or made in Dark blue and could not find my photo.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=378957

Comment

Many thanks one and all........could they be Landspolizei ?

Comment

I think they are Landwehr with the Army shoulder boards etc. The photo is very early, note the regular Army NCO is and the man next to him are not wearing Eagles.

Comment

Johnny, looking at their ages, I think you are right

Comment

Maybe it's just me but this one is strange to??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X