Berlin Tailor - Max Scheinmann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin Tailor - Max Scheinmann

Hi all - was not sure where to post this, but this hanger came with a tunic and I would like to know if this is likely to be a period hanger and tailor?

I can't find them as a current tailor.

Any information greatly appreciated, as trying to piece together an item.

Thanks
    Tietze
    Attached Files

There is no listing in the 1941 Berlin phone book. That is a common Jewish last name so there may be a reason he was not listed by then if it is real.

Comment

Thanks for checking the directory. The tunic was a waffenrock which would have probably pre-dated 1941 probably by a couple of years, unfortunately the tailors tag has been removed but it would have been 2cm x 8cm in dimension.

Not sure if this helps, i'm trying to piece it all together somehow!

Thanks
      Tietze

Comment

If the jacket has them, look in the pockets in the rear flaps and see if there is a little name tag. Maybe you already looked? The production of these jackets ceased in Dec. 1939.

Comment

Looked all over it.... to no avail, but well decorated relatively high rank and an elite division so I am trying to piece together.

I've posted some of the decorations today, having had it for a few years just to check.

thanks
          Tietze

Comment

Not a tailor.

Max Scheinmann owned several small Mode Kaufhäuser (Fashion Department Stores) in Germany before the Nazis came to power.

The store "Manufaktur- und Modewaren Scheinmann" in the East-Prussian town of Johannisburg was owned already by his father in 1895. The same store was fire-bombed by Nazi thugs in August 1932.

BTW, "Stets ein guter Einkauf" means: "Always a good deal"
            Last edited by naxos; 07-23-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

That explains why he is not in the phone book. A piece of history even when not connected to your tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X