No announcement yet.

Am I right in thinking this is no good? Interesting tunic Kurland Demjansk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a dealer is asking "only" 1250 Euro for a VERY rare combination of awards on a tunic, my antennae go up. I was wondering about the boards' application as well - I see some exterior stitches on one where it goes into the seam (top board in post 6). I would agree that on a field tunic the fact that they are not a perfect match is not that big a deal.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
      If a dealer is asking "only" 1250 Euro for a VERY rare combination of awards on a tunic, my antennae go up. I was wondering about the boards' application as well - I see some exterior stitches on one where it goes into the seam (top board in post 6). I would agree that on a field tunic the fact that they are not a perfect match is not that big a deal.

Don
      Don, you are such a pessimist, you can trust use tunic dealers-
      Attached Files

Comment

I think I saw that guy at the SOS last year...

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          I think I saw that guy at the SOS last year...
          Was he on a Segway?

Comment

I have been looking closely at this Kurland cuff title and at first I thought it was possibly a 57 version but after much looking I found a 57 version and they are not the same. I can only come to the conclusion that this cuff title is a post war made fake. If you look at some of the variations that were made on hand so to speak you will see they are primitive in design and construction. Some even look like they have been drawn with a texture (just kidding) but the point is that none share the design features that this cuff title does. I would think this cuff title has been machine embroidered and not hand stitched. And to top it off I think the dealer knows this hence the low price tag for the jacket. I would think the Demjansk shield is an added piece as well.

Comment

W.

I've just jumped into this thread and I think it is al more or less been said already.

For starters, as pointed out by Lemm as well, IMO the tunic with this VERY RARE configuration is WAY to cheap.

Base tunic and officer insignia looks fine and could all be original, but there it stops. Only a handful of Kurland CT were actually worn during the battle; the rest awarded in POW camps; this tunic would not be one of those I think. Furthermore, and more important, I don't like the CT. This added with the rest I would surely pass on it.

F.

Comment

All right guys, I guess this one has been refered to the rubbish bin. My initial feeling that this was not on the up and up has been substantiated. Thanks for that.

Oh interestingly enough the tunic that was still for sale at the beginning of this thread now appears to have been sold some point in time before this thread was started. At least this is what the seller communicated today. Whatever....

Comment

Who was selling it?

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X