Field-made Smoke Troops Camo Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field-made Smoke Troops Camo Jacket

This jacket is a well-made, unmarked garment that looks credible. The dramatic pocket flaps don't look like anything a faker in his right mind would come up with, and it has two button holes to attach to the trousers at the waistline. It looks as though there was some type of collar buttons or butterflys, now missing. The breast eagle is not what I'd expect, but looks like it's been there for awhile.

What do you think?

regards, Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not a fan of it. a camo coat all badged up... YES they do exist. looks like some one tried to copy a model 44 coat.
            may be it's just me , but looked like 3 different colors of thread used on it; off white , gray ,& brown (possibly black too). no taior would switch back & forth using different thread on a item. doubtful any field tailor would have that many choices of thread to use.
            & the top material of the shoulder boards looks like course cotton = ??

Just me , don't think original. still nice to ware around shows ,ect. jeff

Comment

Yes, it could be some bubba job for certain. However, it's not much like an M44 other than being shortwaisted. The shoulderboards are standard wool types with the felt undersides, and I have no idea why there is a bright pre-war eagle on the breast, but it shows wear in place.

The differerent thread is interesting, but not damning in it's own right. I do like the very odd pockets; not likely anyone trying to build a jacket they could claim was original would make these huge ugly flaps. Small features, like the buttonholes to attach the jacket to the trousers, seem like they could be plausible.

I don't need this to be real, and it has no provinence, but thought I'd put it up and see what others say. I could be a complete fabrication (post-1945) and I don't know, either way. These are always tricky.

regards, Robert

Comment

Hi Robert, the boards are okay. I look for honest wear on these, that does not seal the deal but it makes me feel better. That style pocket was used on period civilian ski waist jackets like this so it is sort of interesting to see. Where did it come from?

Comment

Thanks John. The boards look good to me to, and I didn't know about the period ski cut. I appreciate the observation.

This came with the other cammo SS on the other forum thread, as I got a group of garments together. This was in there with the items I wanted. No story behind it of any type.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X