UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys see anything wrong with this Generals Uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys see anything wrong with this Generals Uniform?

I have this in the shop now and before I sell it I want to make sure there are no issues. Please feel free to point out any issues. Also can anyone make out the mans name? My eyes just can't seem to pull it out.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by gary cain View Post
    i have this in the shop now and before i sell it i want to make sure there are no issues. Please feel free to point out any issues. Also can anyone make out the mans name? My eyes just can't seem to pull it out.
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Reapplied eagle. Can we see some pics of the back of the collar (patches)? I am also not sure if these are orginally applied.

Comment

A very nice wartime upgraded set IMO. I also think the eagle is original to the tunic. The name of the General is Axel Schmidt. DKiG winner.
                http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...chmidtAxel.htm
                He was an artillery officer so the pants are also correct and upgraded wartime IMO.
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                  Reapplied eagle. Can we see some pics of the back of the collar (patches)? I am also not sure if these are orginally applied.
                  Eagle does look original applied to me.

Comment

I would have to agree with KW2, the eagle has been reapplied, and possibly the tabs. The eagle application is well below German tailoring standards....plus it is very common for the breast eagle to be removed if the tunic has been in Europe. Nine out of ten general officer tunics that survived with the families have the eagles removed and tucked in a pocket. The eagle does appear to be low end general officer quality. I've seen worse.

The tab sewing also looks under par. Tailor hand stitching is usually quite hard to see. The tabs may have been removed too at one time. They are are original tabs. It would be nice to see if they were machined on at one time.

Is his rank at the time the uniform was tailored on the tag too? I can't make it out.

Richard

Comment

It's Oberst on the label.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

I've never been a fan of the blind stitchng on higher-end tunics. If the guy had just made general, which was a big deal, I would have expected a better job on the tabs. Other than that and the reapplied eagle, I don't sdee anything that jumps out at me.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DJenkins View Post
                          A very nice wartime upgraded set IMO. I also think the eagle is original to the tunic. The name of the General is Axel Schmidt. DKiG winner.
                          http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...chmidtAxel.htm
                          He was an artillery officer so the pants are also correct and upgraded wartime IMO.
                          Dave
                          I agree. I would say that it is really impossible to tell when the eagle, boards and tabs were attached. I've seen plenty of insignia sewing jobs on high rank tunics that were in this range. Everything looks like it as been there for while and the thread (on the eagle at least) looks old and like it as aged to the tunic some.

As for how the insignia was sewn and how professional the work is...I think that it always depends on who did it....the guys wife/girlfriend or a Holters level tailor?

The one thing that I would say is that we collectors micro analyze this stuff about thousand times greater in detail that the guys who wore it, made it and or repaired it ever thought about it. We tend to expect that everything should look a certain way under a 12X loop when the truth is half this material was cranked out in poor lighting, high production demands and repaired/ upgraded under all kinds of circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                            I agree. I would say that it is really impossible to tell when the eagle, boards and tabs were attached. I've seen plenty of insignia sewing jobs on high rank tunics that were in this range. Everything looks like it as been there for while and the thread (on the eagle at least) looks old and like it as aged to the tunic some.

As for how the insignia was sewn and how professional the work is...I think that it always depends on who did it....the guys wife/girlfriend or a Holters level tailor?

The one thing that I would say is that we collectors micro analyze this stuff about thousand times greater in detail that the guys who wore it, made it and or repaired it ever thought about it. We tend to expect that everything should look a certain way under a 12X loop when the truth is half this material was cranked out in poor lighting, high production demands and repaired/ upgraded under all kinds of circumstances.
                            Agreed, but there's a very good reason we are always questioning when and how something was sewn or manufactured. I don't worry about it as much with field-wear tunics, but Waffenrocks and GO items I would think would have been held to a higher standard.

Don

Comment

Hello to all,

- eagle average quality but original and reapplied,
                              - collar tabs in celleon are original, possibly reapplied,
                              - shoulder boards original.
                              - pants are OK,

Best,

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X