Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichswehr Heer Tunic

Hello all,

I have been for a very long while looking for a Reichswehr NCO Heer tunic converted to Wehrmacht for quite some time now. I have been going to dealer sites and just googling to see if anyone has one for sale. I am looking for a very good to excellent condition tunic. My great grandfather was in the Reichswehr just before Hitler took power. None of his belongings survived except for his medals. Reason why I am looking for a NCO tunic is because he was an NCO during that time. I am actually trying to re-create his uniform as it were back in 1932-33. Any and or all help is greatly appreciated. I figured that I post here for help and maybe some people to show me their items that they have in their personal collections! I am pretty new to this, so guidance would be great. Cheers!

Grant

They turn up but are fairly rare and usually have dark green collars which are a post WH modification. That is probably what he would have worn if he was in the Army later. The most common Reichsheer tunic that survived are piped service tunics which were the walking out tunic used before the development of the Waffenrock. I will look around tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Backhaus View Post
      Hello all,

I have been for a very long while looking for a Reichswehr NCO Heer tunic converted to Wehrmacht for quite some time now. I have been going to dealer sites and just googling to see if anyone has one for sale. I am looking for a very good to excellent condition tunic. My great grandfather was in the Reichswehr just before Hitler took power. None of his belongings survived except for his medals. Reason why I am looking for a NCO tunic is because he was an NCO during that time. I am actually trying to re-create his uniform as it were back in 1932-33. Any and or all help is greatly appreciated. I figured that I post here for help and maybe some people to show me their items that they have in their personal collections! I am pretty new to this, so guidance would be great. Cheers!

Grant
      Grant. First post! Welcome to the forum. I think its an awesome idea to recreate your opa's Reichwehr uniform and I can help you!

Here is my 100% unaltered Reichswehr "moleskin" NCO tunic with early pointed shoulderstraps lacking waffen farbe and collar with no dark green facing, so that's unmodified, meaning that its still in its original RW configuration, tunic and collar made in typical Weimar era 1930's moleskin material.

However....
      at the time when I bought this piece I was not familiar with Reichswehr uniforms ...
      thinking it was a denazified wehrmacht uniform.... so I added the breast eagle myself

Unless you want to leave it alone, it should come off with no damage as its handstitched on and moleskin is a very tuff fabric , so should come off with no traces of damage.
      Its displayed with a Reichswehr belt/buckle and I even have a Reichswehr Teller schirmmutze visor, not shown in these images...

I usually don't sell stuff but happy to help out... I had earlier sold some Latvian SS insignia to a fellow WAF member who had contacted me as his opa had served in the 15th Div, so was glad to be able to help him out too!

Its really neat that you're doing this project in remembrance of your grandfather, so I will PM you !
      Fellow members: what's the value of such a tunic in the current market?
      Nick
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NickG; 07-08-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

RW transitional in Moleskin
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X