M36 Tunic and Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36 Tunic and Pants

I found this for sale on another forum. I already posted an "I'll take it" and am trusting that I can send it back if not right, but want to get quick opinions on the available photos. They are not the best, (pretty close to buying a pig-in-a-poke) but just want to make sure I am not missing any obvious red flags. Thanks! Rob
    Attached Files

ntxt
    Attached Files

Comment

ntxt
      Attached Files

Comment

p.s.

P.S.

I am mostly concerned about whether or not the base tunic is good, not whether the insignia is period applied or not.

Comment

A nice tunic that has been used and washed, note the white thread that stitches the lining. The dye on the thread washed out when the garment was cleaned.

To bad about the horribly applied eagle. That can replaced and hopefully the stitch holes in the lining can be made to disappear.

No problem with the breeches either other than the obvious damage on one of the cuffs.

Ed

Comment

Hi Rob,
            I think the base tunic and pants are fine originals with the condition taken into consideration.
            Thank you,
            Curtiss

Comment

Base tunic looks good! As do the trousers.

Eagle does look a bit sloppy so I'd check that out once you get it. Looks like a good set though. Congrats!

Cheers,
              Jeremy

Comment

Alas, it no longer matters. Somebody informed the seller that it is worth more than he was asking for it and he has backed out of the deal. Thanks to everybody here for your help anyway!

The surprising thing to me is that the moderator on the other forum (Gunboards) won't even allow me to leave negative feedback for him as a seller and deleted the thread I posted about what happened. He did nothing wrong according to the moderator. On the other hand, I have gotten in trouble before for bumping a sale's thread too soon. Why exactly my offense was so serious and his is ignored is beyond me. But, I have given up on trying to understand such things. Better to forget about it and move on.

Comment

That was no treasure, as noted it was washed, some idiot dyed the tunic and pants and then they tried to remove the dye with bleach or color remover which left both the odd bright blue sea foam green. You can see the staining on the leather of the breeches where the bright green dye held. The whole set has been altered and the color changed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X