Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hose from soldier or concentartion camp

Hello,

I have this ''hose'' in my collection, but i wonder what it is. I have buy in Poland last year, it is dirty an damaged. Is this a sleeping hose or maybe from a camp? The strukure is like fishbone.

Wolter

They look like "Hospital" issue trousers for military medical facilities

Comment

Is the tag not a big red flag....?

In the museum I work for we have two examples of Concentrationcamp/forced labour trousers. Both look different than this one.

Comment

These are not from a KL, but are maybe pyjamas or hospital cloths. But from when and where exactly??

Comment

Originally posted by michiel01 View Post

In the museum I work for we have two examples of Concentrationcamp/forced labour trousers. Both look different than this one.
          This pattern was used after the War as well, I am not sure about the tag date but it is similar to BW clothing. They are not for a KL prisoner etc. whatever they are.

Comment

These type of pant were used in Polish hospitals and Polish Army postwar as well.

Comment

Guys thanks a lot for the help.
              About where i buy it; it was near Wroclow, about 100 km from Thersienstadt KL and near Auschwitz/Krakau.

Comment

There is a little industry of selling "KZ" items around camp areas, the location does not really indicate what something was. Almost all of th original camp clothing was burned for fear of Typhus and very very few original items survived

Comment

heer hospital uniform is different-and not just one colour stripe...this looks like a non heer/kz item.

Comment

Originally posted by michiel01 View Post

I believe the "50" on the tag is a size not a date.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X