Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM metal breast eagle

Hi all,

I've got this one today from a friend. I don't have any knowledge about these eagles, so help is appreciated. Is this one original?

Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick,

The eagle is good but the pin has been replaced at some point. Search some fairly recent threads on these and you'll find other examples.

Tim

Comment

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your reply.
      I didn't expect that this eagle was original. I did a search on this forum, but I couldn't find a similar eagle with this kind of back (rudely finished). The ones I found were finished nicely. But as I said, I'm no expert!

What could be a good price for a piece like this, with repaired pin?

Kind regards,
      Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for bringing this one back up.

Looking at this one closer than I did the other day, I have to agree it's not an original breast eagle. This one is clearly a brass cast of an original.

Original eagles of this pattern were stamped out of sheet (brass/copper?). Not sure what metal but it has a tombak makeup. Here's some PIC's of mine.

Sorry for the confusion here, I should have taken more time to really look at the details on the one you showed. They even copied the hardware mounting!!

Tim
        Attached Files

Comment

A couple more and you can see the details better.

Tim
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply and confirmation Tim. Too bad it's not an original breast eagle. The one you showed is indeed nicely finished and has nice sharp details.

Kind regards,
            Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X