GJ Greatcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJ Greatcoat

Hi All, just picked up this mint GJ Greatcoat from a good friend of mine. He got it from Bill Shea a few years back now. It has its original Edelweiss insignia machine stitched to the right sleeve. The Shoulder boards are also original to the coat. There are no markings inside the coat, private purchase??? All originally stitched buttons are marked "A & S". It is in mint condition throughout, with no mothing or holes, just a small machine stitched repair to the left lower inside of the coat. All opinions and comments are welcome, thanks, Johnno.
    Attached Files

more pics

more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

more pics

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

more pics

more pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. I have one very similar except the edelweiss patch is not the bevo type. Well done.

Comment

Hi Phi, thanks very much mate! Regards, Johnno

Comment

Any one else care to comment or opinions??? I would have thought a original GJ greatcoat would not be that common in this condition........................... regards, Johnno.

Comment

Very nice example. I saw this in person at Mark's just two weeks ago during my visit. A shame that you weren't able to join us. Perhaps next time.

Mark

Comment

That is real nice with great looking wear! a great worn (Oxygen starved) look!
                  very nice period looking repair.
                  Thanks for sharing and Let us see it please if you ever display on a mannequin.
                  Regards!
                  Kevin

Comment

Thanks very much Kevin and Mark G. Mark yes sorry i couldnt make the show and tell the other week, will do for sure next time We had to make do with a post show and tell get together, and im sorry i missed some of your great items. We did have some great new additions though. I do think you may recognize a certain handsome Panzer Wrapper with Afrika cuff title that you left behind in Maccas very happy hands . Regards, Johnno.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X