UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some pics of my new best buddy - DKiG tunic Pz Regiment 2. Enjoy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During the war there was only one Oberstleutnant within a Panzerregiment - the commander. If everything is original then the choice becomes very small:
    http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...nter/PR2-R.htm

Comment

I understand the tunic is en route to you; why not wait till it arrives were you have the opportunity for a careful in-hand inspection? IMHO you should have started this thread before you agreed to purchase or indeed after receiving it. After all, Estand rules apply and therefore always the possibility for a return.

For now, based on these photos, it will remain a lot of speculation, like Chris said as well.

F.

Comment

The unit had 17 different commanders from 1938-45 ranging from Majors to full Cols. I agree that the "when" question is impossible to answer but it is a nice looking tunic and the unit and rank match the award well. Unless you get one that is named or know the history "when" will always be lurking in one's mind

Comment

Hi Willem,

Very nice tunic! Great score on your part.

I doubt you will be able to find the original owner of the tunic in its current configuration. If you had a tailor date and consistent award loops, you'd have additional clues. But the award loops here were not done by the same hand, and were upgraded over time.

Speaking of, it looks like some of the beckets were reinforced over time, but I don't see strong indications where badges were worn. Often you see marks from the award pins rubbing against the wool. It is hard to see these things in photos sometimes, so it may be partly due to that as well.

Since you have the piece in-hand, you're the best one to determine what insignia was tailored and what was period upgraded, which will give you at least some clues. But without a tailor date, you'll likely be able to settle on a handful of guys and no more. But even that is better than most unnamed tunics go. Good luck!

Best regards,

Jason

Comment

Brian, please post some additional pics when you have the tunic in hand!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
            X