2 Place Ribbon Bar EKII & Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Place Ribbon Bar EKII & Africa

I have some concerns about this ribbon bar. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Attached Files
    I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Attached Files

Comment

Last Pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you UV it?

Comment

It passed the UV test.

Comment

It is a little crude but that would not mean it is fake etc. Most the modern ribbon reacts to UV. The copper colored pin retainer is interesting.

Comment

I have seen these copper like pins before, have a few original examples here.

The backing stitching is very sloppy.

Eric, what are your concerns?

Pierce

Comment

The reason I posted this ribbon bar is that it was put together post war. All the parts are orginal, but it was just recently put together. This one came out of Texas and yes the stitching sloppy. I've heard there have been others like this from other states and I wanted to let the forum members know that more are poppy up. Ebay seems to have a few of these types on there as well.

Comment

There is a guy down there that makes reconstructions of period bars for named groupings etc. I have some crappy period examples that also are sloppy, not all of them were made professionally. WWI examples are very crude. The one thing I would not be super happy with yours if I was looking at it would be the thin brass colored backing plate. I have at least one fake bar with the same brass like material.

Comment

Yes, the new looking brass plate was the kicker for me. I did not realize what I had bought until I read the fine print. It stated it was original parts. I failed to look past the word original. It was only a $13 mistake. At least I can laugh about this one because it was a cheap mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Heer Flak View Post
                      Yes, the new looking brass plate was the kicker for me. I did not realize what I had bought until I read the fine print. It stated it was original parts. I failed to look past the word original. It was only a $13 mistake. At least I can laugh about this one because it was a cheap mistake.
                      I agree, I would have bought it too, a reconstruction is usually 10 US a ribbon so even for display no worries. This is a fake I wish I had paid 13 dollars for. I bought it maybe 25+- years ago.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X