EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Heer Officer's Tab Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Heer Officer's Tab Real or Fake?

Hello,

I picked this up this weekend at a flea market in a lot of original shoulder boards, photographs, and other items. The guy claimed that it all came from the estate of a Vet that had to go into a nursing home. I can tell that the rest of the items are authentic, but I don't know enough about collar tabs to know if it's real or not. It is bullion thread on green felt with a black rope boarder around the tab. It has a couple of moth holes, but they are hardly noticible. If anyone can lend any help to it's authenticity, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

IMO it is a nice original example of a tab for a piped service tunic or waffenrock for a HV Official. Black as the secondary color was used by several HV specialties including weapons but most often engineering and motor technology etc. This is a good example of how for HV dress tabs (like tabs for assault and panzer wraps), piping was added by hand to "finish" the insignia out like this.

Comment

Thanks for the info Johnny! Are these at all valuable? I know most collar tabs don't seem to fetch too much.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by jhazuga View Post
        Thanks for the info Johnny! Are these at all valuable? I know most collar tabs don't seem to fetch too much.

Thanks again!

No

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X