Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gebirgsjaeger Hauptmann Tunic - picked up in Austrian antiqueshop backroom - opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sander, thanks for your comments.

I do not have any major issues with the sewing of the eagle. The Litzen are quite hard/inflexible and some of the sewing has loosened. I agree that the sewing of the Litzen is not top notch, but on the other hand it is only so on close inspection and does not disturb the overall look. Burn thread is negative - clean burn. Sewing of the Edelweis is ok (not great). Looks more sloppy than it is as the edge of the Edelweis is fraying. Overall, I can not fully disagree with your comment but I am also not yet confinced.

Can anyone please comment on the points made by Sander.

Thanks!

Cheers, Willem
    Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 06-12-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sander vw View Post
      I don't want to ruin the thread but I think this tunic was restored... Tabs, eagle and edelweiss, they all look a bit sloppy sewn by me... Some better pictures would also be helpful ofcourse.

I to agree with Sander, but could always be wrong, the Eagle doesnt look that bad. The edelweiss, shoulder boatds look re-applied. Killer cap.

Comment

Hi Guys, everyone thanks a lot for all your help and pm's. All very much appreciated!!! Returned the tunic to the seller earlier today without any problems. I just do not want any messed with tunics in my collection. Thanks for saving me some money. Cheers, W

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X