Russian Volunteer Overcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian Volunteer Overcoat

I didn't think I'd see another one of these, but this one came up on Ebay and surprisingly, no one bid on it. It is one of the odd bluish wool ones, and matches the shade of the pull-over type German volunteer tunics that have been discussed on the forum.

Someone has either added boards to this one, or it is an original Turkistani volunteer overcoat. For some reason, these overcoats and other uniform items like the special slavic volunteer field caps Gerard had for sale, just don't seem as desirable as regular uniform items.

Anyway - here's one to take a look at. Enjoy! regards, Robert
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting and pretty rare score IMO Robert! I've never seen the overcoats made from this French wool, but as the uniforms did it makes sense.

Frederik

Comment

Stellar example. Boards seem to match the coat well, large chance they are original to it.

Thank you for sharing,

Best,
        Vincent S.

Comment

I like it, nice score

Comment

Thanks for looking fellows; it seems to be identical to this overcoat http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=cossack+tunic . These type coats are identical to a standard WH overcoat, except the shade and the shoulderboard loops. The loops on these are twice as wide as the standard type to accommodate the wide tongues on the slavic volunteer boards.

Note the cap in the thread as well - a very rare piece indeed. Gerard had three of these for some time, and I could not figure out why volunteers collectors moved on regular M43s and didn't snag one of these! Sure they're ugly, but they bore the same RBN number as the genuine POA group.

Good luck on the foreign volunteer stuff, guys!

regards, Robert

Comment

- good thing you got it,,,in the wrong hands that'd be on its way into becoming a POA Pz wrap!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X